Chapter 17: Hangovers

Cool summer air hit me in the face like a water balloon. We ran out of the club through the back door and down an alley. It was much darker than the club. What time is it?

"Ouch!" I cried as something stabbed into the pad of my foot.

Logan immediately stopped and turned to me, "What?"

I lifted my foot and held onto Logan's arm while I pulled something sharp out of my heel. It looked like glass but my vision wasn't that great.

"Where are your shoes?" Logan asked in confusion.

"Dunno," I mumbled. I didn't remember ever taking them off.

My head swam as I was scooped up quickly. My stomach was starting to roll and I had to take a moment with my eyes closed to stop the queasiness.

Logan held me bridal style and began to walk. I didn't feel so great anymore. My head leaned against his shoulder heavily. I was so tired. Where did my energy go?

The breeze picked up and it smelled like rain. Logan swore as a misting of raindrops began to turn into a torrential downpour.

He ran under a shop awning and stood on the front steps, letting me down gently and holding onto my waist as I swayed unsteadily.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, a finger under my chin to get me to look up at him. I blinked a few times to focused on his concerned face. The rain and the cold bringing my mind to a clearer place.

"I'm- im fine," I stammered, still shaken. I stood on one foot since the other was still hurting.

My eyes widened as I squinted at Logan's face. He had a ragged cut on his cheek bone that was quickly bruising and the corner of his lip was bleeding.

"Oh, Logan," I mumbled, raising my hand to gently touch the area around the cut. He winced a little, "I'm fine Eva."

"Why did you..why would you..." I trailed off, my finger running across his lip gently. I wiped some blood away.

"He was touching you and you looked scared, I'm sorry, I just couldn't let him hurt you," Logan mumbled.

"No, no- thank you, I was terrified," I giggled, (I don't know why.)

Logan chuckled and held me closer to him, "Can we not do that again? I'll fight any guy but I'd rather that not happen again."

I shook my head, "I'm done with clubbing for now."

My vision wasn't the greatest and I wasn't even sure that my feet were touching the wet concrete but that's okay, right?

Logan nodded, "Good. I'm so sorry Eva, I should've never left you."

I shook my head again and soon regretted it as it triggered some harsher pounding, "Uh, no, it's not your fault."

I was holding myself up by keeping my arms around Logan's neck. He had the rest of me or else I probably wouldn't have been standing.

His forehead leaned against mine and his damp hair tickled my brow, "Still. I don't want anyone to touch you like that."

"I'm okay," I reminded him quietly.

"You have blood on you," he pointed out, looking at the small splatters.

"I think that's yours," I giggled.