Chapter 25: Plans Over Takout

I had gotten up early to shower and was enjoying the hot water as I steadily woke up a little more.

Sadly, it was still raining and I felt like that would ruin the viewing experience in the arch, but I'd take what I could get.

I got out of the shower and dried off. I had left my clothes in the room and Logan wasn't awake yet, so I stepped out without a towel.

I laid out my outfit of a T-shirt, a jean jacket, skinny jeans and my converse, placing it all on the foot of the bed strategically to see if everything matched.

"Well I love waking up like this."

I looked up and saw Logan rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, grinning at me lazily. I smirked, nothing he hadn't seen before.

"I kinda needed a shower," I shrugged, sliding my underwear on.

"Now I need a cold one," Logan chuckled, getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

I laughed and got dressed while he showered. I was putting my hair into a cute bun when I turned and saw Logan slide out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist.

He spiked his hair up with his fingers and rolled his hips in a bad boy way, shooting me finger guns. I chuckled and smiled at him, "Good morning to me."

Logan whipped his towel off and spun it, smacking it at me like a whip. I giggled and ran away from the wet towel.

"Good morning St. Louis," Logan grinned, standing in front of the window proudly with the towel around his neck.

"Logan! Get away from there, people can see you," I laughed, jumping across the bed to pull him away from the window.

"Everybody wants to see this, baby," Logan said, gesturing to his very toned body.

I shook my head with a grin, "Well, maybe, but it's morally wrong to flash a city. And I think it's indecency."

I grabbed a pair of jeans and underwear, tossing them at his chest, "Now get dressed before someone calls the cops."

"Can I keep my Mohawk?"

That is hardly a Mohawk.

"Please do," I chuckled.

We left the hotel with intentions for the arch while it pitter-pattered rain on the windshield of the truck. We parked in a crowded lot and stepped out into the rain.

Logan held an umbrella over us as we walked to the base of the towering building.

The arch was beautiful and stood in stark contrast to the grey sky. I grabbed a pamphlet and paid for our tickets for a view at the top.

"Wow, this thing is 630 feet tall," I read to Logan.

"Yeah, and we're going all the way up," he said, nudging my side and waggling his eyebrows. I wasn't really afraid f heights.

We got into the elevator that was to take us up. It was circle shaped and had weird seats to sit in.

A tour lady talked about the history of the arch and I sort of tuned her out as we waited.

As soon as the doors opened, I grabbed Logan's hand and dashed out to the windows. They were small and slit like but we could see the sites below us.