One

{edited}

May POV {4 years later}

The Washington fall weather is gloomy as always. The wind is mild and the air is thin. I look at the sky and it looks like it's going to rain.

"Are you sure you wanna hangout outside?" I ask Adam with a raised eyebrow.

"You need to get outside May. You're like a hermit crab now a days."

"I don't like being outside Adam. Washington is gloomy, which I like, but I like staying inside. How's that bad?"

"It's depressing."

My life is depressing I want to reply.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" I ask while sipping my coffee.

"I wanted to ask you something." I nod again.

"What is it?"

"Justin wants us to live together, and I don't know if we should or not."

"Why don't you want too? You guys have been together for years now."

"I don't know if I'm ready for that." My eyebrow raises.

"You love him no? What would be bad living with him?"

"Because he'll see me everyday, and know how weird I am." I smile softly and sip my drink.

"Do it, what could go wrong?"

"He wants to leave me."

"If he loves you, he will accept your weirdness. But, you just have to give him his own space sometimes, you know? Sometimes you just want to be alone, and so does your other."

"I'm like a needy puppy though." I laugh.

"You just have to talk things out." I hum softly. "Ronnie's weddings is in three weeks."

"She's growing up so fast." I laugh.

***

I open the front door and step into the foyer. The house is quiet and all I can hear are my feet against the wooden floor.

Harry isn't home yet. Which is usual considering now a days he comes home at seven, takes a shower, and goes to sleep at 8:30.

Why did we even buy this house?

As I walk back to the hallway that leads to the front door his body walks in. He drops his keys in the bowl near the front door and looks at me.

"You're home early." I say with a soft smile. He slips of his coat.

"They let us go home early." I nod.

"That's good, no?"

"I like to make extra money, but I'm tired." I bite my lip.

"I can make us some dinner if you want and you can relax?" I offer kindly.

"No, it's fine. I'm not that hungry anyways." Shivers rush up my spine. I take in a deep breath.

"But, tomorrow I'm off. We can go out to dinner." Harry says with a soft smile.

"Okay." He walks over to me and plants a small kiss on my cheek. "I'm going to take a shower." He tells me, I nod.