130

May POV

Finn stayed home from school Monday and Tuesday.

He hasn't left his room since we buried BJ on Saturday.

It's Wednesday morning now. I open his bedroom door and see he's under his covers staring straight at his wall. The photo of BJ is beside him. I frown.

"Hey bud." I say to him. I sit beside him and run my fingers through his curls

"Hi." My son murmurs sadly.

"How are you doing?"

"Bad." He croaks. I frown more.

"You have to go to school today." His head shakes no.

"I don't w-want to go." Finn says.

"When do you want to go back then?" I ask.

"Never." I tilt my head at him. "BJ w-was the only o-one who e-encouraged me to go."

"BJ would want you to keep going to school." I say softly. His head shakes. His eyes are still sad as I expect them to be.

"Now I have n-no one." My eyes sting sharply.

"Don't say that. You have your family and your four other pets." I say. My voice low.

"Buddy likes Anne. Baxter likes Owen. Max likes Anne. June liked BJ. BJ liked me."

"Why don't I bring June up to you? She needs love too since the father of her little pigs passed."

"BJ won't ever s-see his kids. I w-was going to get all the boys b-bow ties so they c-could match." His voice is distant.

I leave his room for a brief moment and pick up June who is on my bed relaxing. Her and I have our pregnant days where we sit and bed and watch TV.

She's due any moment though.

I walk back to Finn's room and place her down beside him.

June looks sad which makes me sad.

"Daddy said we're selling them." Finn murmurs.

"I'm pregnant now, I get what I want easily. Don't worry about it." My son cracks a small smile which warms my heart. "I'm going to leave you and June alone now. Maybe you can make her happy." I kiss her cheek and kiss the top of the pig's head.

I leave his bedroom and head downstairs. I'm met by Max who rolls onto his back. I kneel down and rub his tummy. "Aren't you so cute." I say in my baby voice. His head goes into his neck making me smile.

Buddy meets us. She walks over to us and lays beside Max who licks her face.

I'm a match maker I swear.

I see Baxter on the couch with Owen. "Hi Mommy." My son says.

"Hello." I smile. I kiss his puffy cheeks and ruffle his hair. He giggles

Baxter is the typical, nice, family dog that you seen in Facebook videos.

He's always by Owen making sure he's okay, which I like.

I head to the kitchen and see Harry. "Is Finn going to school today?"

"No. I think I helped him though." I say with a small sigh. I grab water from the fridge. "June is making me sad."

"Why?" My husband asks.

"She's pregnant and her pig died."

"Her pig?"

"BJ, her pig." I say.

"Oh. Why does that make you sad?" His head tilts.

"Because she's sad." I say. "I would be crushed if you died, imagine how she feels." His arms wrap around me. My head presses against his chest.

"You're very emotional today."

"When am I not?" I mutter. He chuckles. His lips kiss the side of my head.

"Please stop getting worked up. It's not good for your health or our child's." His fingers run through my hair.

"I'll try." I wipe my glossy eyes. "I want Finn to be happy."

"He's going through his own grief May." His hands cup my cheeks. Harry pecks my lips.

"Finn doesn't need to be more sad." I say.

"He doesn't." Harry agrees. "He just needs some time. He'll be fine, okay?" I nod.

"I gotta go to work now. I'll see you at dinner."

"Okay." I murmur. My eyes look at Harry who tilts his head.

"Why do you look more sad now?"

"Because I made myself think of you being dead." I say.

"At least I know you'd miss me." I nudge him.

"That's not even funny Harry." He kisses me again.

"Stop picturing me dead, you're stuck with me for a while."

"Shut up." I pinch him. He laughs. "Drive safely."

"I will babe, thank you." He kisses my cheek before leaving.

A few moments later my son walks over to me. "Mommy." Owen says while wrapping his arms around me.

"Hi." I chuckle.

"I like trucks." My son says making me smile.

"You do?" He nods and looks at me. He grins and presses his forehead against mine. "Mommy has to read some manuscripts. Wanna help?"

"Help?"

"Yes, you wanna help me?"

"I like doggies." Owen says making me snicker. I stand up and he hugs my legs.

In 6 months there will be another baby in the house.

All I know if it's a girl, Anne will not be happy.

A://N

Hello :)

comment goal: 40????

boy or girl?

if you wanna check out my other ongoing book 'unpredictable' that would mean a lot :)

~lauren