Nine

May's dress for the chapter is above ^

9

May POV

I open the front door to the apartment. Laughter is being made and Bell and I look to one another.

We walk over to the living room and see Sadie and Harry laughing.

I haven't seen him laugh in a long time, it's weird.

***

Bell and Sadie left hours ago.

Silence is in the whole apartment as we both change.

If I'm being honest the apartment has been silent since my sister and niece left.

"Do you mind zippering me up?" I ask Harry. My voice is low and timid.

"Sure." Harry walks over to me. I feel his fingers touch my back making my skin heat. He zippers my dress up. I fix my hair and I turn around. His eyes scan my body making my stomach twist. "You look nice."

"Thanks." I smile gently.

***

I left my hair natural but added some curls with the iron I have had for years.

I really need a hair cut. I don't like how long it's getting.

We arrive to the restaurant and I can already tell that I'm going to be starving tonight. Harry opens the front door for me. I mumble a thank you and step into the dim restaurant.

We automatically see Harry's work friends and he greets them. As Harry says hello to them I look around the restaurant. It looks fancy and I don't feel comfortable here. I feel like I stick out compared to everyone else. It could be because all the women here have fancy necklaces that are either pearl or diamond.

"This must be the girlfriend." A guy with brown hair and brown eyes comments to me. Harry stands beside me. The man looks mid thirties. His left hand with his wedding band slips into his pocket.

"Yes, this is May. May this is one of my bosses, Frank." Frank's hand extends to mine. I shake it.

"N-nice to meet you." I greet. My voice is soft.

"It's a pleasure." He winks making me look away uncomfortably. I think it's worse since he's married.

I get introduced to the rest of the snobby men and we are seated at a long table.

I sit in silence fiddling with my fingers. I managed to order without completely sounding dumb. I got a caesar salad. But they don't call it that here. They say it in french, I assume with a lot of letters.

I look over to Harry and see he's chatting with that man across from him. The man's girlfriends smiles at me. I smile back. I sip my water and scrunch my noise.

It takes like fucking sink water. Actually worse than sink water. Harry insisted it's "mineral water and is good for you" when I asked if there was regular water.

I only drink water that is bottled and is on sale. Or I filter my water.

I rest my hand on top of Harry's. My eyes burn on him as he detaches my hand from his, runs his hand that I was once holding through his hair, then keeps his hand on the table. Then my hand that was on his leg, he moves so I don't touch him

My eyes sting and my lip quivers. I bite my lower lip harshly and gulp down the lump formed in my throat.

***

My "salad" consisted of 2 pieced of lettuce and a drip of salad dressing.

I wish I was joking.

It was a literal forkful.

I had to cut it up into smaller pieces of lettuce so I wasn't the first one done with my meal.

The whole dinner Harry didn't say two words to me besides to inform me what the fuck mineral water was.

The bill comes and I grab my purse to pay for my stupid, expensive salad.

Harry's eyes burn on me. "What are you doing?" His eyebrows furrow.

"Paying for my meal." I comment harshly.

"I got it."

"I don't want you to pay for it." I whisper. His green eyes burn on me intensely.

"Put your purse away, okay?" His jaw is tight.

I do, because I'd rather not raise my voice and call him a tool in front of everyone.

So, I just roll my eyes and sit back in the chair I'm seated in.

I want to go home.

I want to sit in bed and eat food until I pass out. I'm starving.

~

The first thing I do when we get back to the apartment is go to the fridge. I take out my pizza from a few nights ago and put it in the microwave. Foot steps come into the kitchen I take out the 40 dollars from my purse resting on the counter.

"Here." I give it Harry. He blinks at me.

"I don't want it." I bite down on my jaw.

"I don't need you to pay for me. Take the money." I say seriously.

"You don't need me to pay for you?" His eyebrow raises. I gulp.

"Yes, take the money." I say while extending my hand out to him.

"I'm not taking it." Harry chuckles. His arms cross over his chest.

"Why?"

"Use it for something else, May."

"I want to use it on my lettuce."

"Too bad." He grabs a water bottle from the fridge. My eyes narrow at him.

"Harry, take the fucking money."

"No, I don't care about 40 dollars."

"I care, so take it." I argue. My voice turning deep.

"Save up for something with it, I don't know."

"Save up?" I ask. "You think I'm that fucking broke I have to save up for shit?"

"No, well I did give you a credit card for my banking account so you're not struggling."

I stare at him.

I take out the credit card he gave me and shove it in his chest.

"I don't need your fucking money."

"You kinda do." A smug smile grows on his pink lips.

My appetite fades away. "I didn't ask you for the card."

"You still use it no?"

I flare my nostrils at the prick in front of me.

I don't say anything, I just walk away.

"Your pizza is done!"

"Shove it up your fucking ass you dick sucker!" I shout back. I slam the door shut and lock it behind me. I slide down the back of the door and end up crying into my hands.

A://N

holaaa

comment???

vote???

thoughts???

next chapter should be interesting ;)

~lauren