Sixty Two

Harry POV

I stare at the pill bottle in front of me.

I remember how relaxed I was taking them. I felt--amazing, really.

I open the cap and poor one into the palm of my hand. I just stare at the bright white pill and huff.

I put the pill back into the bottle and throw it out. My hand runs through my hair tiredly.

I'm exhausted.

***

May drinking water currently.

"If you want to get those tests done, go ahead." I say to her. She looks at me.

"You said you didn't want me to get them done." May says. Her voice low.

"If it will make you feel better about everything, then do it." I say. Her eyes look into mine and I look away. "Anyways, I gotta go before traffic."

"You've been acting weird for a week." My fiance tells me.

"How am I acting weird?" I ask curiously.

"You aren't as," She pauses to gather her thoughts. "You aren't as cuddly and stuff towards me. Since that day at the doctors office you haven't looked at me the same."

"I'm just stressed May."

"About what? Work? How does that have anything to do with me?"

"I'm too stressed to think lately. I'm sorry."

She sighs. "I know you too well Harry. When you're stressed you want to cuddle more and take naps." That's true. My hand runs through my hair.

"What about tomorrow night we'll go out? We're both off tomorrow, so it will be a stress free day." Her head tilts.

"Okay." May murmurs. I kiss her cheek. "Please don't become distant with us." My heart aches at how she said us referring to her and the child growing inside of her.

"I won't babe." I say. "This week has just been a lot of meetings and shit. It will be better."

Her lips kiss my cheek. "Don't work yourself out too much Harry. It's not good for you."

"I'll try." My fingers run through her hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Good. The baby moved this morning."

"Wow." I say. "Was it a lot?"

"Just a bit, but it was nice." May admits.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

May POV

"Here are your files." I say to Mr. Mason who is in his office.

"Thanks." His voice is deep. "Since you're pregnant and all, I assume you're quitting?" My eyebrows furrow.

"No, why would I quit?"

"Since you're going to be a Mom to a newborn. Harry's already busy enough, I'd just assume."

"N-No I don't want to quit."

"Are you going to not come into work anytime soon?" His voice mocking at my absence from work the past week.

"No, my next appointment is after work sometime in a few weeks."

"Great. Now get back to work." I bite my lip.

"I-is there anything you specifically want me to do?" I ask timidly.

"Yes, your job. Now leave me alone." I nod and leave his office.

Prick.

I sit down in my office chair and feel my muscles relax. As the weeks go on my back starts to become more and more weak.

My hand rests on my bump and I smile gently. "I hope you're a boy." I say aloud. "If you're a girl that's fine too. I'll love you no matter what. And so will your Daddy who's the most caring and amazing person I know." My thumb strokes my bump. "I gotta get back to work now, nice chat though."

I turn on my computer and feel the small baby inside of me move again. I grin and begin to type away.

A://N

shortish chapterrrrr

boy or girl?

i kinda already have my mind made up for which gender they're going to have but i'm curious to see what you guys want them to have.

how are we already at chapter 62? shit i still have so much stuff i wanna write about haha

~lauren