Two

{edited}

May POV (3 years ago)

It's been a year since we lost April.

This year has been a roller coaster.

A bumpy, long, depressing roller coaster.

I like to think I'm not as depressed that I was the first few months. That's my opinion though. I don't know what Adam, or other people think.

Since I found Harry in the nursery that day it's been different. He's different.

He's at his computer typing currently. His eyes are narrowed at the screen. "Hey Harry, did you want to go out for dinner?" I ask him. It's been a few weeks since we went out on a date.

"I'm busy, sorry." His voice plain.

"O-okay." I bite my lip. "Uh, I'm going to go out and see what Adam's up too. Need anything?"

"No I'm good." I nod and bite my lip.

"I love you."

"Love you too." I stop in my tracks.

He said love you too.

Love .

Not I love.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He never says love you.

"Yeah, why?"

"You said love you instead of I love you." I say.

"I did?" He glances at me.

"Yeah."

"Sorry." He looks back to his laptop screen.

"I was wondering," My voice turns low. "S-should we start packing up April's room?" His typing becomes slow. Neither of us have been into her room since that day.

His eyes look to me. "Like p-put everything away in boxes?" I nod.

"I-I think it's more sad knowing it's there than having an empty room." My therapist also recommends it.

"No, I don't want too." His voice turns cold and dark making my heart ache.

"Harry-"

"May. I said no." He snaps. "I don't want to go in there and pack up all her stuff." His eyes look away from me. I sit beside him and grab his hand. He jerks his hand away from me making my eyes sting.

"You never talked to me about that day."

"Because I don't want to talk about it May. Leave it." My eyes stare at Harry. Tension is in his jaw.

"But, maybe it will help if you just talked about what you're thinking about?"

"Me not wanting to pack up my dead daughters stuff isn't something I really want to talk about currently."

He never wants to talk about it.

"I'm just trying to help." I say softly.

"I don't want nor need your help." My heart aches and I nod. I stand up and push the dining room chair in. "May I-"

"This past year I've been just trying to help you as much as you helped me and you refuse it. Why can't you just talk to me? I'm not thrilled either that we have to do this." His eyes well up making mine well up as well.

He starts to sob and I hug him tightly. "She would've been one." I squeeze him. His head shakes against me making me hold him tighter.

I hate seeing him cry because he doesn't often. And when he does cry it's a hard sob that makes your knee's weak and your heart melt.

I bite my lip and hold onto him. "S-she would've b-been walking a-and t-talking." Harry says through tears. I kiss his cheek and feel my own tears fall from my eyes. "I want my little girl, May. I don't e-even know w-where she is now and t-that s-scares me because she's been a-alone."

I don't put my input because it's his turn to feel comfort and love.

"I-I'm s-sorry that I haven't be-been-" I cut him off.

"It's fine Harry." I kiss his forehead. "I understand."

"I love you May, I'm sorry."

I don't say anything I just hold him tighter in my arms.

A://N

hello

comment???

idk what to add her besides the beginning of this books is semi sad but gets happy lol

I'll update again if this gets 30 comments

~lauren