Thirty Six

May POV

Luckily Adam let me spend the night at his house.

I leave his guest bedroom and hear small chatter in the kitchen. I soon peep my head in and see Adam smile warmly at me. Justin stands.

"I'll leave the best friends to talk." He says while softly gripping my shoulder.

I sit in the chair Justin was once in and look to Adam. "Thanks for letting me stay here last night." I speak softly.

"Of course. Stay as long as you need." My eyes peer up at him.

As I'm about to open my mouth Adam cuts me off. "May, where else are you going to go? You're no problem here, stay until you wanna leave."

"Okay." I murmur. I have no clothes so that's fun.

"What happened between you guys that made him say that?"

"He got drunk with his friend Niall and came back to the hotel in California wasted. I very much know that a lot of people do get wasted and shit with their friends and I'm aware that sometimes you drink too much and it happens. I'm not oblivious to that." I speak. "I just don't like seeing him drunk. I don't like hearing him slur, I don't like him walking into walls because his balance is off, I don't like that stuff.

And, he wasn't super wasted but what if he got mega drunk? What if he tired to drive? Or got alcohol poisoning? That's the stuff I worry about when he's drunk. He can have one or two drinks, I don't care about that, that doesn't bother me as much as him being wasted. And I thought he knew that. But I have always worried about that stuff." I explain.

"Anyways..." I start explaining everything else related to last night to Adam.

Once I'm finished speaking it's silent. "He knows you don't have job now because they chose some other intern, he knows you don't have a lot of money, and he still told you to leave?" I nod. Adam shrugs.

"Has he texted you?"

"I haven't checked my phone." I say honestly. "I doubt it though." I say.

Adam remains silent. "Say it." I say. He lets go a deep breath.

"You both nagged each other on and you were trying to make up excuses instead of saying what you really felt. And he was an ass because he knows how you feel about him drinking and was trying to justify it. But it doesn't give him an excuse to kick you out."

My fingers fidget. "Why don't you go take a shower and I'll make you breakfast, yes?"

"You don't have too do that."

"You're my guest and I shall." Adam smiles.

~

I sit on the mattress I slept in last night and pick up my phone. My eyes go on the black screen and I debate whether or not I should click the home button.

I do and I see a lot of messages on my screen.

All from one person.

Harry: may, where are you?

Harry: come home I was just angry and didn't mean it

Harry: it's been a half an hour now and I'm getting worried

Harry: baby please answer I'm sorry

10 missed calls from Harry.

Harry: please pick up, I know your phone isn't dead it says delivered

Harry: may please you're worrying me

12 missed calls from Harry

Harry: it's been hours and I'm scared shitless right now

Harry: are you safe at least?

Harry: are you at Adam's?

Harry: I'm sorry

Harry: please baby come home , I'll sleep on the couch I don't care just come home

Harry: I'm sorry for snapping and being a dick

22 missed calls from Harry.

Harry: I called Adam and he didn't answer. Ronnie, Sadie, and Ellie said you're not over there.

Harry: are you at a hotel?

Harry: I regret everything may I'm sorry I shouldn't have said what I said

Harry: I love you

Harry: please come home

34 missed calls from Harry

Harry: it's not my apartment

Harry: it's ours and I'm sorry for saying that

Harry: may my hands are shaking I don't know if you're safe or not

Harry: please just text back a letter so I know you're safe

Harry: I hate myself

42 missed calls from Harry

52 missed calls from Harry

My eyes sting and well up.

Overall my heart hurts.

A://N

Since you guys are calling May "dumb" and "immature" for not liking Harry rn I'll tell you why she doesn't like Harry to drink because you're annoying me now

Mays mother used to abuse her when she was drunk

Happy now?

~lauren