126

May POV

We arrived to Ellie's house late.

Harry came home from work later then he said he was, so we left late.

Finn brought BJ.

I didn't argue him brining the pig to the car. Neither did Harry.

My sister greets us with hugs. She kisses all of my kids cheeks and gives them tight hugs. Owen holds my hand as we walk into the house.

I look to Finn who stands behind everyone else. He holds BJ protectively. It is loud in the house considering how many people are here. Kids leave the house and go to the backyard, or they come back in.

My nieces and nephews greet me. I give Bell a big hug. "You're getting too tall." I say to her. She's 12 now.

Shit she got old.

"Or you got short." She remarks.

"Don't wish that upon me. I'm still 5'2." I make Bell laugh. She looks a lot like Sadie, which is cool to see.

I greet her younger siblings who are getting older and taller.

I look to Finn who is standing alone and is looking at BJ. I tilt my head at him.

"Hello." I kneel in front of him.

"Hi." He says.

"Did you say hello to your cousins?"

"No." My son murmurs.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." Finn replies. "W-Why?"

"I don't want you to be alone. Go hangout with Bell or Macy, yeah? You can play with them or hangout with Hunter and Charlie."

Hunter is Sadie's son who is two. Charlie is Ellie's son who is now three.

"C-Can't I hangout with BJ?"

"They're you're family. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable bud." I stroke his cheek. "No one here is judging you, okay? Everyone here loves you."

His eyes wander to his pet. I kiss his forehead. Finn soon greets Bell who hugs him hello. They begin to chat which makes me smile.

I look to Harry. He's holding Owen and talking to Sadie.

"Hello." Sadie says as I walk over to them.

"Hi." I smile.

"Daddy." Owen says while poking at my husbands face.

"He didn't call me Mommy. This is progress." Harry jokes making the both of us laugh.

"He looks more like May than Finn and Anne." Sadie observes.

"Maybe that's why he's a Mama's boy?" I pinch his cheeks. "Finn is one too, so that didn't make sense." They both chuckle.

Sadie and Harry start talking about work. I excuse myself to check up on Annabelle.

I see she's on the porch talking to my Mother.

I stand behind the glass door and watch them. They're both sitting on chairs talking. My Mom's face is soft and a smile is on her lips.

My daughter is giggling and looks happy.

I look down at my feet and see BJ. He oinks at me. "Hi BJ." I kneel down. I stroke his hair. "Did Finn let go of you again? He'll find you soon."

His eyes close once I start rubbing his ear. "I still can't believe I own two pigs." I murmur to myself.

I look up and see my son. "I thought h-he went outside a-and s-someone was g-going to grill him."