Seven

{edited}

May POV (3 years ago)

We step into the empty apartment and all you can hear our feet on the wooden floor.

This area is big and there is a big window that looks over the town.

I like it.

I liked all 7 apartments we've looked at over the past 2 weeks.

"What do you think?" I ask Harry who's staring about.

"I don't like that it has two bedrooms." He says honestly.

"The second room can be like an office for us to be alone and do work." I come up with. His head shakes.

"I want only one bedroom. I don't want two." I tilt my head at him. My teeth graze over my bottom lip.

"All the apartments we looked at, had two rooms, Harry."

"That's why we're not renting any of them." He looks back at the window.

I know why he doesn't want two rooms.

So I don't ask.

"We'll just uh find some more, yes?"

"The real-estate women said that all of these were one bedroom." His voice is annoyed.

"Don't stress out, we'll find a one bedroom." I smile softly. "In the mean time, did you want to look around or leave?"

"Leave." Harry says without thinking. I nod and pick at my bottom lip. His eyes look down at me and I smile gently. I lean up and kiss his cheek. His face loosens and so does the tension in his body. He lets out a deep breath and runs his hand through his curly hair.

"Why dont we do out for lunch, yeah? Before we both have class." I offer. "You can pick the restaurant." Harry's green eyes look at me suspiciously.

"You'll let me pick?"

"Uhuh." I smile.

"Okay." He kisses me while cupping my cheeks. My body becomes warm and my heart flutters. "I love you May."

"I love you Harry Styles."

May POV (2 years ago)

I slowly stir the cooking noodles and look at the boiling water.

I look over my shoulder and see Harry. He's wearing black skinny jeans and a black tee shirt that fits him well. "W-where are you going?"

"My friends and I are going to a party, I told you that yesterday, no?"

"No, you didn't." Today I really don't want to be alone. It's Aprils 2nd birthday and the thought that she died two years ago eats me alive in the inside.

"Oh, well I'll be back uh around midnight."

"Do you have to go?" I ask Harry. My eyes soft.

"You're only young once, right?"

"Y-yeah." He kisses my cheek. "You'll barely notice I'm not here. I'll be back soon." It's 7:00 p.m now.

"A-are you going to drink?" I ask.

"Maybe a beer or two. Nothing too bad." My head tilts at him. "I promise, okay?" He kisses me. "Love you."

My heart drops.

"..love you too." My voice is low and distant but he doesn't notice. Harry slips on his coat and soon leaves the new apartment.

Once the door clicks my heart sets in and I take a deep breath. I thought he'd understand why I would want him to be home today out of all days. I know he didn't forget, he said it this morning what today was.

I brush off my thoughts and drain the noodles.

***

Worry sets into my chest around 3 a.m when Harry still isn't home.

I'm not up waiting for him, I can't get comfortable and I can't fall asleep.

I huff tiredly and get out of bed and head to the kitchen to get water. As I'm getting my drink I hear the front door open making my body freeze and me jump a little.

I slowly walk over with my arms crossed over my chest loosely. "Hola." Harry says with a smile.

"Why are you home so late?" I ask curiously. My voice soft.

"Who are you? My mother?" He retorts. Harry stumbles on his feet.

He's drunk.

I huff.

"Go lie down in our room." I say. My voice filled with tension.

"Okay." He just chuckles and slowly walks over to the bedroom. He plops himself down on our mattress and I can smell the liquor on him. I clear my throat. He mimics me. I roll my eyes.

"You should've went to the party May. It was fun." Harry smiles.

"I'll pass." I slip off his shoes.

I don't know if I'm mad at the fact he's drunk or that he's home so late. Maybe a mixture of both.

"How many drinks did you have?"

"Not saying." He hums with a smile. "You should try getting drunk once. You don't have to worry about your problems. You just feel--free almost." Harry slurs with a crooked smile.

My heart pinches.

He got drunk to forget yesterday.

Rather than sitting with me and talking, he grieved by himself;

At a party.

With alcohol.

Lots of alcohol.

This reminds me of the Harry I used to hear about in high school before I started talking to him. The mean, party, douchebag Harry that didn't care about anyone. I hope he doesn't revert back to that.

I really, really hope this is just a small phase.

A://N

Hello :)

A lot of you guys are wondering if they'll break up, or if this book is ever going to be happy, etc

It's only chapter 7 so, stick in there with the asshole Harry ;)

As I promised the first chapter there will be happiness.

But, there will be sadness.

The only thing I can say is that it will get better between them ;p

Mkay gn

~lauren