Sixty Eight

May POV

Anne and Des were the first to show up to see Finn.

Harry and I both agreed the name fit him well so, that's his official name.

Gemma came a few minutes after her parents. Her husband was on a business trip but he told us he's very happy for us and can't wait to see the little dude. I thought that was nice of him.

Anne cried while holding her grandson which warmed my heart. Des teared up. He told me that this reminded him of when Harry was born. Finn and Harry both have the big glossy eyes, Des said to me.

I wish I had parents I could share this moment with...

After Anne and Des came Adam, Justin, Cody, and Ronnie came to the hospital. Adam held Finn the longest claiming that since he's going to be the favorite Uncle he needs more bonding time.

Sadie, her husband Tom, and my niece Bell came an hour or so after my friends did. Bell was very excited to meet her cousin. She told me he is very cute and looks a lot like Harry. I smiled.

Ellie and her husband, Zach showed up shortly after Sadie and her family. Her daughter, Macy was at Zach's parents house. Macy is almost one now. The same time Ellie came to the hospital Niall and his wife Charlie showed up as well.

As Niall was holding Finn, Adam sat beside me and said, I got competition don't I? I laughed at Adam's serious concern.

Everyone thought the name Finn was a good name, and that name needs to be used more.

Finn is currently in my arms. He looks tired but his eyes are still open. His little lips are opened a little. I kiss his puffy cheeks and nuzzle my nose against his. His small lips twitch a little. I assume that's his way of smiling.

Holding my son and looking at him makes me happy. It makes me feel like all the bad stuff in my life is gone and nothing else but this little boy's happiness matter to me. Almost as if this is the end of everything in my past that makes me feel bad or makes me hate myself for some reason.

Finn's gentle blue eyes close and he falls asleep. I still hold him against me and kiss his soft skin.

Adam sits beside me. "Hello Mama." I chuckle. "My Mom told me she wishes she could be here. She's currently in Italy visiting my grandmother."

"It's fine. I'll text her when I have time saying thank you."

Anne, Harry, and Des went to grab food. Sadie took Bell home for bed but said they'll come back in the morning.

"Do you wish your parents came?" Adam asks me.

"I don't mind my Dad as much as my Mom." I say honestly.

"So, you would let your Dad come now to see Finn?"

"I guess." I look back to my son. "But he's sleeping now, so maybe in the morning."

"What about your Mom?"

"I don't trust her with him." I say. "And I don't want to see nor speak to her."

"Understandable." I kiss the top of my sons head.

"I'm sorry May."

"For what?" I ask while looking back at Adam.

"You not having loving parents that you can share this moment with."

"I've grown up without them. These types of moments I don't need them for."

The thought of my Mom holding Finn makes my stomach twist and my heart pinch. She doesn't deserve a second chance or any chances with me. She doesn't deserve to be in either or our lives.

"Thank you Adam."

"For what?" He chuckles.

"Being my best friend."

"I like to think of it more as a brother and sister relationship." I smile at his words.

"I love you Adam."

"I love you too May. You and Harry made a cute baby." I snicker softly.

"He is pretty cute isn't he?"

"Finn's going to be a total heart breaker when he's older." I look back down at him and smile. "Oh, and I told you so."

"What?" I ask with a light snicker.

"I told you a long time ago that you and Harry will end up together with children, remember?"

"Hm, pre-puberty days." I hum.

"Shut up. You looked perfectly fine when you were 12." I shake my head. "That's not the point. It's amazing how fate works, huh?"

"Seems so." I smile to myself.

***

Adam left around 11 since he was work tomorrow. He told me he'll come by during his lunch break to say hello.

I thought that was nice.

Harry is seated beside me. His fingers play with mine and he kisses my cheek.

The nurses put our son in one of those clear cart things with wheels. He's placed next to my bed so I can still keep an eye on him.

"Should we paint his room?" I ask my fiance.

"If you'd like." His fingers run through my hair. "I won't mind. I'm pretty sure for the first few months his crib is going to be in our room anyways. We can paint in the mean time."

"What color do you like?" I ask Harry.

"Hm, I'll surprise you." I sit up and look at him. A grin is on his lips.

"Do you have an idea in mind?"

"I do." Harry hums.

"Please don't paint it blue." Harry chuckles.

"I wasn't thinking that color."

"Good." I lay back down. My head goes on his chest. "When Finn gets a little older do you think his eye color will change into green?"

"Maybe." Harry tells me. "I like the blue though. I think it fits him well."

I smile against his chest.

Thinking about taking him home and putting him into his cute clothes warms my heart. I'm excited for that. "I love you Harry."

"I love you too May." He kisses my forehead. "When we get married are you changing your last name?"

"I was planning on it. I hate my last name. Did you want me to keep Evans?" I ask Harry.

"No, I was just asking. Some girls like to keep their last name."

"I want to have the same last name as my soon to be husband and my son." I tell Harry.

"I can't wait."

"For what?" I ask.

"When I can say that you're my wife and you can say I'm your husband." I grin against his chest.

"I'm excited for that day too." I smile gently.

It's weird to think now Harry and I have a family. I always like thinking back to high school then to now. It still amazes me.

"Get some sleep babe. You must be tired."

"Okay." I murmur. "Goodnight Harry."

"Goodnight love." He kisses me sweetly. I close my eyes against him.

A://N

hello

if you guys ever want to know when i'm going to update or what book i'm going to update add me on snapchat. i post on there a lot :p it's jkharrystyles

comment ??

vote ??

thoughts ??

does everyone understand the title of the book now ?? and their sons name ?? if not i'll explain in the next chapter

~lauren