Forty Three

May POV

Christmas Day comes sooner than I thought.

Bell called me on Sadie's phone at eight this morning wishing me a Merry Christmas. I thought that was sweet.

I received other calls from my family which just includes my older sister Ellie and my Father who I'm sill not close with. Adam and Ronnie also called me we talked on the phone for a while.

I was also surprised when Anne called me up. I thought that was kind.

I sit on my couch eating Mac and Cheese that I made.

It's a waste of calories because a serving doesn't fill me.

I'm on diet, if I didn't mention. I track what I eat on my phone on an app. I'm trying to lose some weight. I still have some of my baby fat from April that I want to get rid of.

I started dieting almost a month ago. I lost 5 pounds so far which is good I guess.

I put my bowl in the sink and check how many calories I have left today. 1,050 it reads on my phone. My head tilts.

I didn't eat breakfast or lunch today.

Great.

I put the rest of the Mac and cheese in the fridge and look out the kitchen window. It's still snowing like it has been the whole day.

I return back to my couch and watch Elf. I remember being a kid and watching this movie  in the living room while my family was at my grandmas house having dinner.

That sounded more as a sad memory rather than a good one.

I hear my door bell ring making my eyebrows furrow.

I hit pause on the movie and slowly walk to the door. I'm not tall enough to look out the peep hole so I slowly pull back open the door.

"Hello." Harry offers.

"Hi." I say.

"Uh, my Mom wanted me to bring you over dinner since she knows that you probably hadn't had a real meal today." He hands me the bag of food. "I asked Sadie for your address, I'm not a stalker that knew where you lived." He rambles.

"I assumed so." I pause. "I'll have to thank her, she didn't have to make me anything." Harry smiles gently.

"It's what family do." My heart swells. "Anyways, I'll let you get back to Elf. Merry Christmas May."

"Merry Christmas Harry." I murmur. As he is about to turn and leave I speak up. "Did you leave your family dinner early? It's only seven." I say. He turns back around and looks at me.

"Yeah. I figured I'd get some over time in at the office." My eyebrow raises.

"You need more money?" I observe. He chuckles.

"No, it keeps me busy." I nod and stare at him. He stares back.

"Understandable. If I could get over time I would want it too."

"How's your new job?"

"Good. Very different from my internship but I like it." I answer.

"Well that old place you worked for is run by greedy pricks anyways." I smile gently at his words. "Anyways, I don't want to be a bother to you. And, I don't want the food to get cold. I'll uh talk to you soon I guess." I want to say that he isn't a bother to men but I'm too nervous to speak really.

"Y-yeah." I say. My eyes meet his. "Drive safely."

"I will." We both say our final goodbyes.

I walk into my kitchen and place the bag down on the counter. I take out the many different containers of food. Anne gave me ham, mash potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and a bunch of other food that I'll probably have to freeze and have a different night.

My head tilts at the last item.

Two slices of coconut cake.

A note is at the bottom of the paper bag.

I managed to sneak you more than 1 slice of coconut cake since it's your favourite

That's the only thing I put in the bag, my Mom did the rest

She wanted me to tell you that ^

Merry Christmas other wise

I miss you and hope we can talk about us soon

Have a lovely night

I love you

~H.

My lip pouts and I let out a deep breath.

I take out my phone that's in my sweatpants pocket and type.

Me: I love you too

A://N

Hola

Comment goal: 45??? I'd be super happy if we got that amount of comments XD

Thoughts??

~lauren