122

May POV

Finn is at school currently.

Harry is at work, and I'm with my other two kids.

Owen is playing with his blocks and Anne is by my side watching TV.

Her head is on my chest and her arm is over my waist. "When will I get those Mommy?" My daughter asks.

"Get what?" I ask, looking down at her.

"Those." She pokes my boob. "I want them."

"You're only 3 darling. You'll get them when you're older." I hum.

"How much older?"

I got boobs when I was 7.

"Maybe in four years, depending." I say.

"That's so long." She complains. "They look fun. You have your own pillows." I smile gently. She heard Finn calling them pillows, so now she says it. 

"It's not as fun as you think." I stroke her hair.

"Do girls only have them?" I nod. "Why?"

"Not sure." I would say because of breastfeeding but that is a topic for a different day.

"Does that make us special?"

"In a way." Her show comes back on and her attention goes to that.

***

I'm sick.

Which isn't a surprise, I'm always sick or get hay fever. 

I told Harry I was fine and it was a simple cold that I'm used to getting. But he insisted I go to the doctor, which I did. She prescribed me some over the counter medicine, which we already have at home. He still made me go to the store to fill it out. Besides that, in the car he debated on getting me blood work just to make sure.

It makes me sad that if I get a cold, warning signs goes in his head thinking I'm going to die.

You should just see what happens when one of the kids are sick. 

I'm in bed currently. My eyes are groggy and my throat feels sore. "How are you feeling?" Harry asks me. He sits across from me on our mattress.

"Gross." I say.

"Do you need anything?" He asks. His hand rests on my leg.

"I'm good." I smile gently. "You could've went to work." I tell him. 

"I'm not going to let you take care of two kids when you're sick May." Harry tells me. "Speaking of them, I'm going to make them lunch. I'll bring you up soup, okay?"

"Okay." I say. He leans in and kisses my cheek. 

"I love you."

"I love you too Harry." I hate the nervous look in his eye. I hate how he feels the things he's feeling. It makes me sad and it makes me want to hold him tightly. 

***

Anne is sitting beside me. Her small hand holds mine.

"How are you feeling Mommy?"

"Okay. You?" I ask her.

"I'm okay, since you're okay." I smile at my daughter and kiss the top of her head.

"You're cute kiddo." I ruffle her curls.

Finn walks in with BJ in his arms. He stroke his hair and climbs onto my bed. He sits across from me. "BJ wanted to say hello." Finn tells me. I smile gently.

"Hello." I say to the little pig.

He's over 5. I'm worried BJ is going to die in his sleep and Finn is going to be carrying the dead pig around the house saying he's sleeping. 

The day BJ does die I know Finn will be extremely upset. As sad as this sounds, that's like his only friend. Baxter is too big to be carried around the house. 

When people come at the house, Finn puts a bow tie on the pig. That's his favorite thing to do. And sometimes when I'm walking by his room he sits on his bed with BJ and reads him a book. 

"I'm gonna help Daddy cook dinner." My daughter tells me. I nod. She kisses my cheek then leaves my room. 

Finn still remains in front of me. "How was school?" I ask him.

"O-Okay." He stammers. We put him in speech therapy. He gets frustrated a lot but he keeps going. It's going to take time. He reads a book every night before bed. He tends to do it alone because he doesn't want us hearing. He does good when he's alone reading.

"Anything happen?" His mouth opens then closes. 

"The usual." Finn says with a sigh. "But t-today t-they were th-throwing food at me." I bite down.

"I'm going to call the school tomorrow." I say.

"No! That w-would m-make it worse." Finn begs.

"I don't want you to be picking on, honey." I say. His eyes look in mine. 

"B-But w-when my stutter is g-gone, things m-might c-change." I bite my lip. "Right?" 

"They might." I stroke his cheeks. I pull him into my chest and stroke his hair. 

I feel so guilty for what's happening to him. I feel like it's my fault he's getting picked on. "I love you Finn."

"I love you too Mommy." His head nuzzles into my chest making me smile. 

***

Dinner consisted of me coughing my lungs out. My throat is so sore. The kids would be having a conversation and all you hear is me causally cough loudly. I scared Baxter out of the room.

"Are you running out of cough drops?" Harry asks me as we sit in bed.

"Yeah." I murmur lowly.

"Are you sure you don't want to get blood work done?" My eyes look to my husband who is staring at me. "It's not bad to make sure."

"Would you like me too?" 

"Yes." He says automatically.

"I'll go in the morning then." There is a walk in clinic, so lets hope there is an opening. 

"Thank you." Harry hugs me. He kisses the side of my head. "Do you need some water? You might wake up tonight thirsty. I'll get you water." He rambles. He leaves our room and heads downstairs to get me water.

I smile and frown at the same time.

A://N

next chapter is gonna be half cute ???

comment goal: 50??

*clears throat*

this book is coming to an end soon

MY HEART JUST DROPPED WRITING THAT HAHAHA

uh

this is sad 

i'm gonna go now 

just a heads up

~lauren