Idol Sale

Walking into the auditorium my eyes scanned the place. It had two floors. The celebrity, teachers and few staffs and photographers sat near the stage on the first floor while the voting students will be cheering from the second floor. On the stage were the seven boys up for sale. I recognised few others from other bands but my eyes landed on Skyler who seemed nervous unlike he is on stage emitting charisma.

He had a rehearsed stiff smile and his eyes pleaded with his members to pull him out of this torturous situation. I had to do some quick thinking here. I rushed towards the members and whispered in a furiously fast tone, "Please just stay here I have to do something important." And just to give them a clue I looked at Ross and said, "You were right."

And without giving them a chance to recover from the shocked expression I rushed backstage where the tickets were being sold. I collected all the money I had and borrowed some from Joey and bought myself a Skyler ticket.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" A girl I saw before asked me.

"A fan," I said with a controlled smile.

"We are not supposed to buy for Skyler." She said with a tone full of authority.

Me being the gentler person couldn't handle the bossy Queen bee type.

But for now, I am the manager and rummaged my brain from something sharp to say.

"That is your problem, not mine," I answered and tried to escape from that place.

She blocked my way and some of her followers joined. I was worried now.

"That boy is terrible and cold-hearted." She said and I saw the personal vendetta in her eyes.

There was some back story here.

"Any Problems?" Principals voice helped me this time and I ran away to complete my mission.

***

Cameras were everywhere and the sale was being recorded for certain channel letting fans know who are lucky ones dating a celebrity or would-be-celebrity for one day. I didn't want Skyler to feel embarrassed in front of the whole population.

I saw him puffing his cheeks in and out and somehow I could see that he knew that no one will be bidding for him.

You are in for a surprise Skyler.

Bidding started with the first member, Thomas Red who was the member of a rookie band, cute and from his fan cheers incredibly friendly. Bidding started at hundred bucks and crazy girls were ready to spend up to three hundred bucks that left me in shock. I needed more money.

Skyler was the last to get a bid. Before him, the bidding was filled with cheer, competition and excited cries. The highest was paid to a boy from the group I have heard about but was no interested in. He was the one you called the bad-boy with tattoos, evil smirk and leather jacket combo. And the one bidding on him wanted a chance to grant redemption. So much shit this is.

"Skyler, the youngest all-rounder member of the band we all love, VICTOR." The presenter announced and the crowd cheered for the band.

"Let the bidding begin."

And after that silence prevailed. I felt weak in my legs and terribly angry at the crowd for being the selfish jerk for a guy because he was introvert in a school filled with rich snobs.

"Five Hundred dollars," I called out trying to hide the tremble in my voice.

The presenter and the crowd gasped. No one got a bidding this high. I got up quickly so that it seems that no one had enough money to deserve Skyler.