Idol Fairy Tale

I nervously tapped my feet as Zaidan and I sat down together in the office with dad.

"How can you be so careless?" He was scolding us for past half an hour.

"I was not careless, I just can't care less if anyone finds out. I like your daughter." He said not in bit affected by all this.

Fans were angry, some were curious while some were supportive. 

"Zee will leave till all this calms down and we can say that she was just a friend who works for the company." My dad offered the expected solution.

"She is not going anywhere." Zaidan declared.

"It will hurt your career Zaidan and it is still escalating." Dad sounded really concerned now.

"I will always work hard Rob and make music but if I let this fear of losing fame stop me from having a personal relationship, I am sorry I can't do that. I like your daughter a little more than that."

It made sense if we lied about this time or maybe next, Zaidan will always be a star and he will never be free to date.

"Can I get a say in this?" I mumbled.

"Of course," Zaidan said gently.

"Zaidan I will never do something that can harm you or your hard work. So if I can help by leaving I will." I gathered the courage to say it.

"So you will leave and forget about me?" He asked knowing too well what I would say.

Tears started brimming my eyes.

"Then do you want me to make an official statement that you are dating my daughter," Dad asked in an angry tone.

"Rob you had no problem when Camila was clinging to me," Zaidan said sharply.

And that left Dad speechless.

"Can I agree as a leader on something?" Brent walked in and it somehow made me smile how all of them were listening at the door.

Dad was shocked and Zaidan sighed in relief because he needed the support on this.

"Zee is not leaving and secondly why don't we give it a drama story kind of thing." He was smiling widely too happy after a band scandal.

"What are you suggesting?" Dad seemed calm now and I envied how he was closer to them than he was to me.

"A fairy tale of a fangirl and her star." He said winking at in my direction.

Somehow this idea appealed to my father who seemed interested as Brent explained how we will tell other fans and media about Zaidan falling in love with a fan who ardently supported him and admired him from afar.

"But that would mean agreeing to the fact that Zaidan is dating." Dad was still not sure about that idea.

"And I am fine with that," Zaidan said giving me a pointed look.

Should I agree to this? How will this affect all his hard work? 

"Let's do this," Brent said giving me an encouraging look.

"I am scared," I confessed to the three people in front of me.

"You don't trust my music enough," Zaidan said with an adorable innocent look.

I sighed not immune to his charms and nodded.

"Let's do this," I mumbled.

***

The breath was not moving below my abdomen as it made it harder for me to breathe and I just sat there before making an official appearance on a date with Zaidan since the story about my love life was shared three weeks ago. I was hating every moment of attention but that all went away when Zaidan was around.