BITTERNESS

He could literally feel the aching pound of his chest as he struggled to get up from the pavement. Lucas never wanted his friend Kyle to turn into his enemy. It was his fault as usual. If he didn't become so insensitive, he wouldn't have lost his friends.

Kyle had been like a brother to him. Ever since they met during fifth grade, they had been inseparable. That was until he humiliated Kyle in front of the whole school. He could vividly remember on how he had seen red all day, how he dumped all of his food tray on Kyle's body, how he sarcastically laughed at what he'd done and left him as a laughingstock in the cafeteria. He regretted that moment ever since. Not only did he lose a best friend but he also lost the respect of the whole school.

The pain was pretty unbearable for Lucas, whether physical or mental. He couldn't believe that Kyle would actually continue to torment him. His sides were painful and it was hard for him to walk. He felt as if fire was burning through his body. He winced as he tried to carry his schoolbag with him.

His mother wouldn't be happy when she found out about this so Lucas went to the park instead. The park brought back to him the nostalgia of being with his father. He missed his father so much. Lucas's father always took him to the park to relax and reflect.

Lucas couldn't help but feel angry once again at the world and at God. He didn't deserve this. He knew he didn't deserve this. He was just living his normal life but then God had to take his father away from him. His mother tried to make him go through therapy sessions. But he didn't need them. He didn't want those therapy sessions. He was not a crazy person, at least he hoped not.

"What are you doing here, Lucas?" asked a voice behind him.

Lucas turned around and saw the familiar spectacled blue eyes of the brown-haired man. He gulped before saying, "Nothing, Chris." Chris was the owner of the pub where his father used to hang around with him whenever they want to talk about issues of the country. Lucas loved having those intellectual conversations with his father. His father. The father he had lost. He looked at Chris coldly and said, "I best be going now. My mother is waiting for me to come home." Lucas walked away but Chris held his arm for a second.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

Lucas shook Chris's arm off. "I'm fine. Perfectly fine."

Perfectly fine to disappear in this world, Lucas thought. As Lucas walked across the pavement, he stared at the sky and sighed. He could still feel the bitterness inside him, the bitterness of losing his father, losing his friends and losing his old life. He wanted to be happy again. But his bitterness was clawing his heart out. And no one, not a single soul, was helping him.