REALIZE

"Lucas, what the hell are you doing this time?"

Namya was looking at Lucas in disbelief and sighed in disappointment.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" asked Lucas, rolling his eyes.

"Why are you smoking pot? I thought you hated drugs."

Lucas narrowed his eyes and sighed. "I do but I'm just curious on why some people are addicted to it. It seemed as though there's nothing really good in doing this. It's not even addicting at all. I tried this before but it doesn't make me addicted to it. "

Namya fixed her glasses before scowling at Lucas. "You shouldn't even be trying it at all."

"Just leave me alone!" Lucas glared at Namya. "You're just a stupid nerd who's always clinging on me and Kyle and I just couldn't take any of your bullshit anymore! This is so stupid! Why am I even friends with you?"

"How dare you?" growled Namya, her eyes getting glossier. "Why are you being like this?! You're always acting as if you don't care about anyone when you actually do!"

"Well, if I care about anyone, rest assured that you're not on that list," answered Lucas, walking away without looking back.

Guilt pierced through Lucas's heart as he remembered that memory – the memory of when he started drifting away from his friends. Soon, another memory crossed his mind.

Lucas didn't know what to do during these times. The feeling was too overwhelming. He just screamed at Namya...again. He didn't understand why he was doing this. He was just so angry, so furious that they weren't letting him have his alone time.

"You're too boring," they all said.

Lucas fumbled with the zipper of his jacket. He felt a little bit better after yelling at her. It gave him some sort of complete power and superiority over her.

A figure suddenly bumped into him.

Lucas glared at the lanky boy who was looking at him nervously, his eyes wide.

"I'm sorry," said the boy, biting his lip. He scratched his neck and looked with pleading eyes at Lucas whose glare was getting more intense by the minute.

'Watch where you're going, asshole!" Lucas spit on the ground.

The boy nodded, terrified. He fixed his shirt for a second before running away.

"And you scared him again."

"Shut up, Kyle!"

Kyle frowned. "Why are you being like this? Stop this now, Lucas. It's getting out of hand. Namya has been crying all over me about you yelling insults at her again."

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Don't make me laugh. It's like I'm doing you a favor." He sighed and raised an eyebrow at Kyle. "Look, a no-brainer could even see how much you like her. It's sad that she doesn't feel the same for you."

Kyle gaped at him. "You –"

Lucas put the palm of his hand in front of Kyle's face, a few centimeters near. "Talk to the hand and leave me alone!"

Lucas winced as that memory replayed back on his mind. More memories flashed back through his mind until it came to a certain memory that he badly wanted to forget.

"Lucas, look, it's just that –"

"Oh, save it Kyle!" Lucas looked at Kyle furiously. "I'm tired of you, you jerk! I told you to leave me alone! You always make things worse than it already is! You know what, you're just a trashy, good-for-nothing friend that don't deserve to exist."

Lucas punched Kyle in the face and poured his soup and drinks on him.

"You deserve this, you asshole," said Lucas, rolling his eyes at Kyle.

And in that moment of reminiscence, Lucas realized why Kyle had hated him all these years.

\?