LAUGH

Lucas felt a bit lighter as he slept through the night with a genuine smile on his face. It's the first time that he slept soundly and when he woke up, he was feeling a bit more vibrant than ever. He rushed downstairs and ate as fast he could before waving at his mother and going out of the house. He was going to work in the art museum again and he was really excited.

As he was walking, he bumped into Chris whose eyes widened at the sight of him. Chris half-expected Lucas to shout at him or ignore him but he gaped his mouth when Lucas apologized, brushing the dirt off his jeans.

"Well, I didn't expect you to apologize," said Chris bluntly.

Lucas shrugged. "It was my fault anyway. I was thinking too hard and didn't see you coming my way."

Chris sent Lucas a small smile. "I must say, I'm impressed. This is the first time I saw you calm and collected after...after your Dad's death."

Lucas froze. He didn't expect Chris to mention it once again and it brought a pang to his heart. His father was dead...he won't come back. He had to come in terms with that fact before it could consume him and make him a bitter person. He was done with all of the tears and the regrets. He had to change to a better person...he had to.

Lucas choked a sob and tried to maintain his composure. "Well, I guess even though it's hard to move on, there's always a light around every corner, right?"

Chris's eyes softened as he nodded fervently. "You miss him, don't you?"

"I do," replied Lucas, struggling not to cry in front of Chris...in front of the whole neighborhood. "I still remember the days when he used to give me a lot of advice and tell me stories about his experiences. I remember everything he had done for me." He closed his eyes and sighed. "I even miss those stupid debates about different things and ideas that we had just for fun."

"Your father was a good man. He was honest, kind, helpful and hardworking. He was the employee anyone would want to have. He's very responsible and charming at the same time." Chris smiled, looking at the sky thoughtfully. "He only wants to give you happiness so go find your happiness, Lucas. Don't live in anyone's shadow but don't make other people your shadows. Just find the path that you truly are meant for and your father would be a happy man."

Lucas said goodbye to Chris and went on his way to the art museum. Meeting Chris was really enlightening for him. It made him very nostalgic of the past that he had to prevent the tears from escaping his eyes. As he was passed by the park, he saw a kid running around and playing with a ball. Suddenly, a man ran towards the kid and whispered something to him. The kid giggled, saying, "Stop it, Dad! I don't want a race car. I want some chocolates!"

The father shook his head in amusement. "Only you, Luke, only you."

And in that moment, Lucas laughed. He realized he was funnier when he was young.