FLOAT

Lucas went back to school the following day in peace. He was a bit relaxed that everything went smoothly with his real mother. Sure, Kyle still hated him but it felt good that he didn't have to feel frustrated towards everyone anymore.

As he trudged his way towards his classroom, he couldn't help but think of what to do next. Should I give up my friendships with Kyle's friends? Should I just let go of being in their circle? He had a friendship with them, after all.

"But, was that even friendship?"

Lucas thought of the times he was with them and he saw how different he was, how fake he was. How can it all be friendship when all he did was lie to them about who he really was? But then again, did he even know who he really was?

Lucas couldn't focus on his classes for the whole day. He even decided to pretend that he was sick so that he could skip lunch and not see Kyle and his friends for a while. He wasn't sure if he should tell them that he realized that he preferred being alone but he would still be willing to hangout if they want him to or if he should just blatantly avoid them and stop talking to all of them suddenly.

Lucas, avoiding a problem never works. People always tend to run away when they're faced by a problem. But, will the problem be solved?

Lucas stared at the ceiling and sighed.

No, it will always be there, no matter how hard or fast they run away. It's better to face it head-on. Problems are like bacteria and viruses in a sense, no matter how funny that might sound. Even if we try to get rid it, there will still be more of them out there to get us. If we ignore it and run, it just stayed there and gets worse. We get sick, right? That's how life works.

The bell rang and Lucas got out of his seat, his mind racing. Millions of thoughts were coming on his mind as he walked the hallway towards Kyle and his friends' hangout spot.

Life is never easy, never perfect. We must learn to face things so that we can survive this harsh world.

Lucas trembled as he slowly neared his destination. His father's words were echoing repeatedly on his mind as he struggled to keep his composure while walking.

Lucas, you must learn how to face things. You must learn to never run away when things go out of your way, when things go out of hand.

Lucas didn't know what to think at that moment. He felt as if he was floating and he was doing all he can to not sink in the bottom. His life was a sea, a raging sea of misery and joy, each feeling fighting its way towards him.

Learn to face reality, my son. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

"Kyle!" yelled Lucas.

Kyle waved at him and asked, "Yes?"

Tristan laughed. "We missed you, bro. Come here and join us in the fun."

This is it. No turning back, he thought.

Lucas gulped and said, "We need to talk."