INFLUENCE

The party at Audrey's house wasn't exactly fun, or at least it wasn't for Lucas. He was offered with so many drinks that he decided to just hide in a corner while waiting for Kyle and his friends to leave. After realizing that Kyle still labeled him as an enemy, Lucas became more cautious in Kyle's presence.

"What the hell are you doing here, man?"

Lucas almost jumped, startled at the voice. He turned around and saw Tristan frowning at him.

"You're missing the party, man!" exclaimed Tristan in disbelief. "We can't let this happen. Audrey! Audrey!"

A blonde-haired girl approached the two and Lucas recognized Audrey as the gossip queen of their school. She loved to talk about anyone and everyone, including herself.

"What is it, Tris?" asked Audrey, fluttering her eyelashes.

"Audrey, this is Lucas," introduced Tristan, winking at Lucas

Audrey checked Lucas out up and down before letting out a small smile. "Lucas Parker, the ex-friend of Kyle?"

Lucas narrowed his eyes and forced a grin. "I believe we're friends again."

Audrey's lip curled. "I do hope so and I hope you're enjoying my party." Audrey gestured at the room. "I'm sure you're not making yourself an outcast in here, are you?"

Lucas stifled a yell. "Of course not, Audrey. In fact, I'll be going with Tristan now."

Tristan smirked. "Sure you were. Let's go!"

Lucas did not miss the wink sent by Tristan to Audrey before following Tristan to the center of the room. Lucas was personally enjoying the solitude but then, Tristan had to ruin his alone time. He was grateful to Tristan though since he was sure that he would forget his goal for the night: to socialize and prove he didn't deserve to be an outcast.

"Guys, look who's here!"

"Parker, I never thought I'd see you in a party, eh?" said a brown-haired boy next to Kyle.

Lucas smirked. "Things changed, Jones. The old Lucas is gone. The new Lucas is on."

"You look hot." An auburn-haired girl winked at Lucas and filling his desire to fit in, he winked back. The girl giggled and added, "I'm Denise."

"I'm – "

"Lucas, I know," replied Denise, twirling a strand of her hair.

Lucas internally cringed at Denise. She looked like those typical clingy girls that he despised before and he didn't want to even interact with those kinds of people. Lucas hated clingy people the most because he valued his originality and freedom. Still, he needed to fit in so he had no choice.

Lucas smiled knowingly. "How'd you know?"

Denise wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. "So you want to know?"

"These two are getting it on! Way to go, bro," said Samuel, slapping his hand on Lucas's back.

"Since when did you get this adventurous?" asked Kyle, smirking at Lucas mischievously.

"Since now," answered Lucas, trying not to roll his eyes at Kyle's friendly act.

"Want some booze then?"

Lucas wanted no more than to punch Kyle in the face just like what Kyle did to him. He knew that he couldn't say no or his pretentious desire to be in the party would be discovered.

"Why not?"

Lucas knew what was happening. He was under the influence of his peers right now. But if this is the price he needed to pay in order to fit in, then so be it.