Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

Today is the last basketball game of the season. I'm not usually a big basketball fan, but I don't really have anything else to do. And I heard a rumor that Josh Hutcherson is gonna show up. I'm a huge fan of Josh. Its my dream to meet him. But if I ever did I don't want him to see me as just another crazy fan. It may be a stupid thought but I would actually like to be able to be someone he talks to as a friend.

I think of all of this as I get ready for the game. I just took a shower and now I'm curling my hair. I put on a pair of denim shorts and a UK t-shirt. Its the only one I own. I guess you could say I don't really have "school spirit". I hear my phone buzz and run over to see who it is. I smike as I see the name: Sam.

"Hello?" I say.

"Sup Ryder?" Sam asks.

"Oh you know, just getting ready for the basketball game. You know me." I say sarcastically.

"You're right, I do know you. Which means I know there is some alternative motive on why you're voluntarilly going to a basketball game. Let me guess, Josh is gonna be there?" He asks.

"It's rumored."

"You are such a girl, Ryder. Oh my gosh Josh Hutcherson he's so amazing" he says in a highpitched voice trying to sound like me.

"I don't sound like that!" I yell, but I laugh anyway.

"Yeah yeah. Stay out of trouble, Lauren." He says.

I just laugh and hang up.

Sam is my best friend. He has been since I was 17. I look at my watch and see its time to go the game. I grab my keys and walk out.