Chapter 12

Lauren's POV

Dress - http://www.simplydresses.com/shop/viewitem-PD788671

It's been a week since I moved to LA with Josh. I've met some of his friends like Andre, Avan, and Jennifer. I really like Jennifer and we got along great. Today she is helping me pick out a dress for the CF premiere. I have no idea what to expect going to something like that. And Josh has been busy working and I haven't had time to ask him. He's been working like crazy promoting the movie. By the time he gets home I'm asleep and he's gone in the morning when I wake up.

I get out of bed and go down stairs. Jennifer will be here on an hour so we can go dress shopping. I eat some cereal and take Driver out for a walk. When I get back I go upstairs and get dressed. I put on a blue sundress and black strappy sandles. I hear a knock on the door. I open the door and it's Jennifer.

"Hey girl!" She says hugging me. We walk out to her car. We pull into some French place that I can't pronounce the name of om Rodeo Drive.

"I can't afford anything here." I say.

She looks at me and laughs. "You don't think Josh would let you go without an amazing dress?" We walk in and she already knows all the workers. We set in the dressing room and Jennifer gets a glass of champagne and I try on different dresses. By the time we're done there are 3 dresses for us to choose from.

"Which should I get?" I ask. She thinks about it.

"I don't know. But I do know Josh is going to pounce on you when he sees you in any of these." She says with a wink.

"I doubt that." I snort. She gives me a look.

"You guys haven't..." she trails off. I shake my head no and she just shrugs.

She finds one more dress and tells me to try it on. It's gold and silver and it has a slit up the leg. It has sequins all over it and really pretty cutout designs across the back.

"Perfect!"

-----------------------------

Tomorrow is the premier. I'm so nervous. I order a pizza and wait for Josh to get home. I really want to see him. It's been 2 whole days. It's almost 2 am. I'm setting on the couch eating pizza and watching Journey 2 when I hear the door open. I run towards Josh and jump in his arms almost knocking him over.

"Well hello to you too." He says. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I push my lips to him and tangle my fingers in his hair. His hands are holding me up but he manages to get one up to the back of my neck pushing me closer to him. He walks over to the couch laying me down but I hold on this his shirt pulling him down with me. He's holding himself up above me with his knee. One hand still behind my neck and one on my thigh. I run my fingers down his back and stop right above his belt. He tries to pull back but I keep him close. He looks at me. And I kiss him more. He doesn't object. I slide my hands to his stomach and slide them up under his shirt. I start to take his shirt off him but he pulls back.

"I don't want this to move fast. I want to take things slow." He says. I let him get up and he walks into the kitchen. He gets a piece of pizza and a bottle of water and comes back into the living room. He leans up against the wall and I can feel his eyes on me.

I look at him and start singing Atlas by Coldplay. He raises his eyes at me.

"I'm just singing to sing." I say. I remember the day I told him that I sing things that match my mood. "And I'm sorry I attacked you. I've missed you."

He walks over and kisses me. His lips taste like pizza. "I've missed you too." And he walks upstairs.

I follow him and he goes in the bathroom to change. He comes out in a pair of basketball shorts. I walk over to his dresser and get a t-shirt of his I know is way to big and I go into the bathroom and change into it. I don't put shorts or anything on because the shirt is big enough to cover everything. I walk back out and Josh is already asleep. I feel bad for him. Working so hard. I lay down and lay my head on Josh's chest. The last thing I think about is Sam and I fall asleep with tears in my eyes.

-------------------

IT's the day of the premiere. I've spent all day in Josh's bathroom. I haven't let him see me all day. I want the dress to be a surprise. I curl my hair and pin it up. Josh is waiting for me in his bedroom.

"Lauren! Hurry up!" He says.

I walk out and keep my eyes on his. His mouth drops open and it looks like his eyes will pop out of his head. I feel myself blush. He walks over and puts his hand on my face.

"You look beautiful as always." He says.

"I love you" I tell him.

"I love you too, babe." He says with a wink.

-------------

"Now this is the first time anyone will see us together and you're gonna get a lot of questions. Like what your name is, why you're with me, blah blah. Just answer everything how you want to. They'll want pictures of us together then some with just me. Maybe some with just you. I don't know. The first part of the red carpet is mostly fans and they can ask some pretty disturbing questions. Just smile and answer what you want." Josh tells me as we pull up. "Here we go." He says as the door opens.

He steps out first then holds his hand out to me. I take it and the camera flashes go crazy. It's blinding at first but I get used to it. The fans are so excited to see Josh that most of them don't notice me. But some do. When one girl asks him who I am he says "my girlfriend. Beautiful isn't she?" And winks at me. I do hear some disturbing questions about how Josh is in bed and some other things but I try to ignore them but one girl asks a very disturbing question and I can't help but look at her and ask where her parents are.

It's a relief when we get out of the fan zone. I get a few pictures with Josh and then he tells me to go over to Jennifer and get pictures with her. She looks excited to see me and we hug and another flash of cameras go off. She's asked for an interview and I go stand on the side. After a while a familiar face walks up to me. "Pretty overwhelming isn't it? I'm Sam Claflin." He says.

"I'm Lauren Ryder. I like your name." I tell him. He smiles.

"It heard about your friend. I'm so sorry." He says apologetically. I smile and tell him it's OK. I see Josh wave me over to him. I am bye to Sam and walk over to him. An interviewer is waiting for me with Josh.

"So your Josh's girlfriend?" She asks.

"Yes" I reply.

"Who are you wearing?" She asks. I pause for a second not understanding what she asked. Thankfully Jennifer walks by and hears the question. She tells the interviewer the name of my dress designer and squeezes my arm reassuringly.

"How'd you meet Josh?" The interviewer asks.

"Fate brought us together" he answers and we leave the red carpet hand in hand to go watch the movie. I think about what Josh said.

Fate brought us together.