Chapter 37

Lauren's POV

When we get to the concert it's packed, of course. But I have to like these people for having such great taste in music! We have front row tickets and we make our way through people to get to our seats. Some people recognize Josh and starts talking to him. He's nice and talks with them for a few minutes. I stay quiet by his side, but some girl keeps checking him out. By the drink in her hand, I can tell she's been drinking.

"Hey boy why don't you set with me?" She asks. I'm too stunned to say something, but Josh answers quickly.

"Sorry, I'm here with my girlfriend." He says turning his attention back to getting to our seat.

"Awhh c'mon. I'm sure she won't mind." She says smiling and putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Actually I do mind. And don't touch my boyfriend!" I tell her. I smack her hand off his shoulder.

She gets in my face and laughs. "What are you gonna do?"

"Oh you wanna know?" I ask.

"Okay okay let's all calm down." Josh says pushing in between me and the girl.

"Yeah. We're all just trying to have a good time." A guy next to us adds.

"That's what I'm trying to do, but this girl has to but in were she don't belong." The girl says

"How am I butting in where I don't belong?! You're trying to get my boyfriend to set with you!" I yell

"Because I'm funner than you and he'd have more fun with me." She says laughing and taking a drink out of her cup. I think about dumping it on her like I did with Vanessa, Instead I throw the cup down and punch her in the face.

Josh looks stunned but catches the girl before she can get to me, but I'm already mad and I'm trying to get to her again. A security guard runs over and pulls the girl away, I'm fighting against Josh's arms trying to get to her.

"Lauren! You're gonna get us kicked out!" He yells.

"Mess with my boyfriend again and no security guards will stop me!" I scream at the girl. She flips me off and I walk away with my arm around Josh. I smirk at her and we go to our seats.

I scream when the band first comes out. They start off with Radioactive. I sing along to every word, and I'm surprised that Josh knows it. The next song is Tiptoe which is really really high on my list of favorites. I sing every word to this too. At one point Dan, the lead singer gives me a look that shows he's impressed. I got a little emotional hearing Demons, which was the only song by my favorite band that Sam actually liked. Josh kept an arm around me and kept me close to him. Another one of my favorites, Amsterdam, comes on shortly after that.

Towards the end of the concert during Underdog, Dan touches my hand! I squeal and Josh looks at me like I'm crazy.

When they end the concert I hug Josh and tell him how happy I am that I got to go to the concert with him and I thank him a few times more.

"There's one more surprise." He says.

"What?" I ask, suspicious.

"You'll see." He winks.

He puts his hands around my eyes and walks behind me guiding me to wherever it is that we're going. He tells me when we're walking up steps and through doors. I hear voices then I hear footsteps walk past me.

"Okay babe. Open your eyes." He says removing his hands.

When I open my eyes the first thing I do is scream. It's Dan! I'm standing in front of my favorite singer, from the best band in the world. He walks over and hugs me.