Chapter 9

Lauren's POV

We spend a couple hours jumping off the rocks and swimming. When we're both exhausted and starving we sit down on the blanket and start eating.

"It's so pretty here, Josh" I say.

"Well, I have to say, the views never looked better." He says and winks at me. I blush and push him playfully.

"You're it!" I and get up and run away from him.

He stands up and starts chasing me. When he gets close enough I try to dodge him but end up tripping over my own feet and fall taking him down with me. He lands on top of me and we lay there like that laughing at each other. Then his face grows serious and he leans his head down and starts kissing me. I wrap my hands around his waist. He's still shirtless from where we were swimming. I slide my hands down his back and stop in the small of it. We lay there kissing like that for what seems like forever. Unfortunately it stops after what I'm guessing was a few minutes. He rolls over so he's laying on his back. I set up and sit cross legged and trace his anchor tattoo on his side with my finger. I feel him shudder. I look at his face and he's just staring at me. I lean down and kiss him on his forehead. Then I lay down with my head laying on his stomach. I can hear his heart beat and feel his chest rise and fall every time he breaths.

"I don't want this day to end." He says softly. He takes my hand and traces the lines inside my palm.

"Me neither."

------------------------

Josh POV

I wake up and look around. Lauren is asleep with her head on my stomach. We're still at the lake. I look at my watch. 6:30. I stretch and Lauren wakes up. She sets up and looks around.

"We should probably start heading back. It's gonna get late soon." She says. I can see the disappointment on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"I don't want to leave." She says.

"We can come back tomorrow? We can stay at my mom's house if that's okay with you and you want to?" I say.

She looks nervous. I grab her hand. "It's okay. We don't have to if you're not ready to stay with me."

To my surprise she laughs. "It's not that, it's just I'm nervous to meet your family."

Now I laugh. "Oh it'll be fine" I say. I take her face in between my hands and kiss her forehead to reassure her. It looks like it worked.

We start to get everything packed up.

"Josh." Lauren says. I look at her. She looks...embarrassed. "what are you going to tell your family?"

"What do you mean?" I ask loading the stuff up on the back of my motorcycle.

"Well when you introduce me what are you going to introduce me as?"

I stop. I didn't even think of that. I bite my lip. I would like to be able to call her my girlfriend, but I don't want to make her uncomfortable.

"Well, Lauren what would you say if I asked you to be my girlfriend?" She pauses and thinks about it.

"This is all moving really fast, Josh" she says. I guess she could see the disappointment on my face because she rushes over and and hugs me. "I really like you, Josh. I just want to make sure you feel the same way."

I rub my hand over her hair. Her face buried in my chest. "I can guarantee that I like you a lot to" I say with a shaky laugh. Can she tell how nervous I am?