Chapter 19

Josh's POV

I don't have any projects or anything to work on until I have to go to Georgia for filming. Since I have a few weeks of downtime I'm going to surprise Lauren with a trip to Hawaii.

"Josh just tell me where we're going." She says for the millionth time. She's been saying this since this morning when I made her pack some clothes. We're on the plane now. I made her wear headphones at the airport so she couldn't hear about where we're going.

"Babe, patience." I tell her. She sighs.

"Are we going to visit your family?" She asks.

"Not right now. Why? Do you want to?" I ask.

"I mean, I'd like too at some point."

"We can. After we leave where we're going now." I assure her.

Just then a flight attendant comes over the intercom. "We will be landing in Hawaii in 30 minuets." She says.

Laurens eyes get big and her mouth drops. I laugh at her expression.

"Hawaii?!" She exclaims.

"Are you excited?"

She seems lost for words so she just nods and looks out the window. I grab her hand and she smiles at me.

------------

Lauren's POV

As soon as we land I fall in love with Hawaii. I've always wanted to come but I gave up on that dream years ago. It's so beautiful. The oceans are clear and the flowers are beautiful.

When we get to our hotel I'm amazed. It's a suite. Everything looks perfect. And the view is outstanding. You can see the ocean from the balcony. I set in a chair out there while Josh unpacks. The breeze is blowing and everything is just incredible.

"Do you want to learn to surf?" He asks.

"That'd be awsome!"

We make our way to the beach. When we get there he goes over basic surfing instructions.

"You just paddle out, the wait for the right wave. After that it's all about balance and direction. You have to get balance first. Then you just ride the wave." He explains.

"You make it sound so easy." I am nervously.

"Well, it is. Once you get used to it. Do you want to watch me first?"

I nod. He paddles out and sets for a few seconds. Then he sees a huge wave. He paddles towards it, and I think it's gonna swallow him completely, but then he stands up and rides it. He looks so graceful doing it. It looks so easy for him. Like acting. It seems like this is where he belongs.

He makes his way to the beach.

"Think you got it?" He asks. I shake my head no.

"Go on." He says.

I make my way out to to the water. I lay down on the board like he did and paddle my way out to the waves. I set on the board with one leg on each side. I don't see any good waves. I turn around and look at Josh. He's far away but I can see him point at something. I turn around and there's a big wave coming toward me. I paddle toward it then at last minuet stand up. Balancing is easy. Then I'm riding the wave. It's an adrenaline rush. I look up from my feet to see Josh cheering for me on the beach. That's when I lose control. I fall off the board and go under water. I try to come back up but the waves just keep pulling me down.

---------------

Josh's POV

Lauren was doing so good! Then she fell off. I can't see her I start getting paranoid so I take off swimming toward her. She finally surfaces and is gasping. I pull her up and hold her above water.

"Ouch" she says.

"What hurts?" I ask.

"My head. I hit something hard under water."

"Probably coral. I'll look when we get back to the beach."

When we get to the beach I move her hair out of the way so I can see where she hit her head.

"Yep. Definitely coral."

"Oh well ill be fine. Let's surf some more" she says.

I give her a look. Is she crazy?

"No you need to see a doctor. Head wounds are pretty serious, Lauren. You might have a concussion.

----------

Josh's POV

"Well Ms. Ryder, you do have a concussion. I want you to stay in a dark room and sleep as much as you can. Drink lots of water and I take some ibeprophen for the pain." Is what the doctor tells us.

When we get back to the hotel I shut all the blinds in the master room to keep all the light out. We lay down in the bed. I wrap my arms around her.

"Leave it to me to ruin our first day in Hawaii." She says.

"It's not ruined. I'm still here with you." I say smiling at her.

"Josh?" She whispers.

"Yes?" I whisper back.

"Why do you love me."

I look her in the eye. "Because you're beautiful. You're smart. You have your head on straight. You like me for me and you don't try and change me. You make me feel like a normal person. When I'm with you, there's no other place I'd rather be. I wake up in the morning with you by my side and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world." I tell her.

She kisses me. "I love you so much." She says.

"Why do you love me?" I ask.

"Well there's this song that describes it perfectly."

"Sing it." I say. She sings when I look at you by Miley Cyrus.

"it's so true. Every single word Josh. If I was to write a song about you it would be that song. I wouldn't change one word."

I smile so much my face hurts. "I love you so much Lauren."

We hold each other in our arms. I can't stop smiling. I think about the words of the song more. That's how she feels about me. One thing comes across my mind.

Lauren is mine. And I am hers.

(if you haven't heard When I look at you by Miley Cyrus look it up now!)