Chapter 26

Lauren's POV

Me and Josh sleep the all the next day and we wake up no one's there. His parents are at work and Connor is at school.

"Let's just lay in bed and talk." Josh suggest. I agree.

"What about?" I ask.

"How do you feel about Liam?" He asks.

"Josh.." I say hesitant.

"Just tell me please." He begs.

"Okay, one condition." I say

"What's that?"

"I want you to sing."

"No" he says.

"Okay fine." We set in silence.

"Ugh fine!" He finally says.

"Okay, but why do you want to know? Will it not make you mad?" I ask

"No I already know that you love me more." He says pulling me into his arms.

"Well I don't love him for one." I say. Josh starts running his finger through my hair. I have my arm laying on his chest, feeling him breathing. "I just have a few feelings for him. Like I get flutters in my stomach when I see him or when, he says girlfriend or dating towards me."

"So your gut tells you you want to be with him?" He says.

"I don't know, but every part of me tells me I need to be with you." I say. He kisses the top of my head.

"What song would you sing about him?" Josh asks.

"I don't know one to describe it." I laugh.

"What other songs besides Thinking of you did you sing when we weren't...you know." He says, not able to say the words.

"That's the way I loved you by Taylor Swift. I mean that sums up how I feel about Liam, but apart from the mother and father part."

"Sing it." He says. I do.

"We didn't fight." He says.

"We had 2 I think. But it does feel like a roller coaster rush, and I just love you because neither of us is perfect but we're perfect for each other and I love that."I tell him.

He tilts my head back and kisses me. I love being here with him. Laying in his bed in the town he grew up in. I love being curled up into his side. I love hearing every breath he takes.

"I love it to baby." He says.

He makes a funny face and I laugh. "And I love how goofy you are." I tell him.

"Sing unconditionally." He tells me

"You sing it." I say challenging him.

"What? No babe...something else." He pleads.

"Sing me a part of a song that explains the way you feel about me. Please baby?" I ask him. I look into his eyes. I try making my eyes look big and pleading. He sighs and I know it worked.

He does sing part of unconditionally.

"Come just as you are to me

Don't need apologies

Know that you are worthy

I'll take your bad days with your good

Walk through the storm I would.

I do it Because I love you" is what he sings.

It's true that he's not good, but he sings it to his own rhythm. But even if he's not good I still love so much I cry.

"Am I that bad that you're crying?" He says with a laugh.

"No! You're not 'good' per say but it's still the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. And I love it so much." I say

-----

Josh's POV

I'm stunned Lauren liked my singing. But since she did I wanted to do it more for her. So when she yawned I told her to go to sleep and I sang to her as she fell asleep.

"I want to listen to you sing to me forever baby." She says.

"I feel the same about you." I whisper.