Chapter 32

Lauren's POV

We had to fly to Josh's parents this time Because we can only stay for the weekend. When we get their we say a brief goodbye to his parents. Connor is at a friends house tonight. It's like midnight and we're both exhausted. Josh is taking a shower so I set on his bed checking my phone.

I hear his phone buzz with an incoming call. I glance over. The number isn't saved so I don't answer. Then the same number texts him. It says "I miss you - it's Vanessa btw. Yesterday was great."

I don't know why but I got mad. Why's she texting him? And what was so "great" about work?

Josh comes out of the bathroom in sweatpants and a to shirt. He smiles at me and turns the TV on.

"You got a text." I tell him.

"Oh okay cool" he says. He sits beside me and puts his arm around me and checks his phone. Then his whole body goes stiff beside me. "Did you look at it?" He asks quietly.

"Yep." I say getting up. I walk over to his desk and lean against it and start looking for my toothbrush.

"Uhm..I don't know what to say." He says.

"What do you mean? It was just a text." I say

"Lauren-" he starts, but I hear something in his voice. Guilt. what's he guilty about?

"It was just a text right?" I ask

"Lauren I'm so sorry." He says. Now he's pleading.

"What'd you do?" I ask. Well more like scream it.

He's on the verge of tears now. I don't want to hear this. I leave the room and storm out the front door.

"Lauren!" I hear Josh yelling behind me. I turn around. He catches up. "I'm really sorry."

"For what? What'd you do?" I demand.

"I...kissed her." He whispers.

"You had too. She's your girlfriend in the movie."

"It was offset Lauren."

I'm too mad to cry. How could he do this? I went to Liams house and hung out with him all day and we never did anything. I push Josh out of my way and storm back to the house.

When I get back in I repack all the stuff I had just got out of my suitcase.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Home. Back to LA. I just need a few days. Stay here with Connor and when you come back Monday we can talk." I say

"Thank you-" he starts

"Don't. I can't even look at you right now." I grab my suitcase and push past him.

"How are you going to get to the airport?" He asks.

"Walk I reckon."

"Lauren." He says I turn around. He's holding his keys out to me. I roll my eyes and start to turn back around. "Please." He asks me.

I grab the keys and walk out to his car and I make my way to the airport.

--------------

Josh's POV.

After Lauren leaves I already feel empty inside. I can't believe I kissed Vanessa. I'm so stupid. I told Vanessa to forget about it and that me and Lauren are happy together. I was going to tell Lauren last night but I was so exhausted.

She's probably on the plane by now. It's 4:30 am. I text her.

'I love you'

Lauren- 'You sure about that?'