Chapter 14

Josh's POV

I've not been home in a week. I had to go to other places for premiers of CF. I think about Lauren back home. All by herself. Not even Jennifer to keep her company. I wanted her to come with me but when I left she didn't feel well. Now that's she's better she talks about how much she misses me. I tell her I'll be home in 12 hours. I'm on a flight back now. We're having dinner with the rest of the cast. Jennifer sets beside me looking out the window. I realize she was talking to me and I totally ignored her.

"Sorry, Jen. I'm just excited to get home." I say apologetically.

"It's cool. You're not the only one that misses her you know. We all love her." She says with a laugh.

Of course I already knew they all loved her. Her and Jen are bestfriends. And her and Liam. If I didn't know any better I'd think they liked each other, but I know that's not true. Her and Liam have the same relationship as me and Jennifer have. They seem to get along just as well. It's kinda funny how it worked out. Me and Jen are bestfriends and so is Jen and Lauren and me and Liam are bestfriends just like him and Lauren. It just works out great.

When we get to the airport I'm the last through security. When I see Lauren I just stand there and watch her. She sees Liam and they hug. He tells her something and she laughs. Then she sees Jen and you'd think they hadn't seen each other in years. They hugged and screamed and laughed. That's when Lauren saw me. She stops in mid sentence and a big ear to ear grin comes on her face. Then she's running. And I'm running. Pushing past people without even apologizing. It's kind of annoying. I'm trying to get to her and they just stand in the way staring at me. Then, finally I reach her. I pick her up and twirl her around. She wraps her legs around my waist my hands on her upper thighs holding her up. We stare at each other. Then finally, after a whole week our lips meet. It feels like the first time. I want more but I have to remember that we are in a public place. I feel her smile against my lips. I don't feel like stopping but she pulls back and hold my face in her hands. Tears coming down her face and she laughs.

"It's only been a week." I say, setting her down.

"It feels like forever." She replies. I grab her hand and we walk over to where everyone is waiting for us.

"I know." I agree.

----------------------------------

When we get back to my house I push Lauren up against the wall and start kissing her. She wraps her arms around my neck and I put my hands on her back pushing ourselves closer together. She pulls off my shirt and I don't stop her. I don't want to. We kiss all the way up to my room. We lay on the bed. I start to take her shirt off but she puts her hands on my chest to stop me.

"What's wrong?" I say. Still wanting to be with her.

"Did you change your mind?" She asks. That's when my head starts to clear and I can think rationally. I sigh and shake my head. "What's the problem?" She asks. I sigh again and lay down on my back beside her.

"I just..don't think it's the right time. And with you stopping me like that..I know you don't either. I just, don't want it to ruin what we have. Everything in our relationship has been rushed. And I don't want something like that to be rushed too. I want it to be at the right time." I say.

"Me too. It seems like in the past things like that have ruined my relationships." She says. "I don't want that to happen to us."

I lean over and kiss her on the forehead. Then I lay on my stomach. She lays beside me. Her face so close tthat our noses are touching each other. I feel her finger tracing my tattoo on my side. She starts singing unconditionally and I smile. I never take my eyes off hers. I run my fingers through her hair. How did I get so lucky?

(Sorry it's short)