Chapter 25

Lauren's POV

Josh stands up and holds his hand out to me. I grab it and he pulls me up. We walk over to his mom laughing. I brush the snow out of his hair.

Michelle grabs us both and hugs us.

"I've missed you guys so much!" She tells us.

"Missed you too mom." Josh says.

"Well, let's get you guys inside out of the cold."

We walk in and take our coats and shoes off. Connor is doing some homework on the floor, but Josh's dad isn't here.

"Where's Chris?" I ask Michelle.

"He's getting the cabin ready for yall." She says. "Have you ever seen snow before Lauren?"

"Not really." I answer.

-------

Josh's POV

"Then why are we not outside?!" I exclaim.

Me, Connor, and Lauren go outside to play in the snow while mom makes dinner. Lauren's eyes are bigger than they usually are, filled with amazement. She looks beautiful with the snow in her hair.

"Do you know how to make a snow angel?" I ask her.

She shakes her head no. "Okay, all you do is lay down on your back in the snow and move your arms and legs back and forth like this." I demonstrate. She lays down and tries it.

"That looks awful." She says when she stands up to look at it.

"Well you can't be perfect at everything babe." I say to her. I wrap her in my arms.

"Why not? You are." She says laughing.

Connor busts out laughing. "He's not perfect at everything. Have you heard him sing or seen him draw?" He asks.

"Hey not all of us can be artistic and hold a note." I say laughing and throwing a snowball at him.

"I want to hear you sing." Lauren says. Tightening her grip around my waist.

"No. You don't. Trust me." I tell her. I think my singing is embarrassing. I remember one time I told an interviewer that I got embarrassed singing in Bridge to Terabithia.

"Please baby?" She asks pouting her lip out.

"No Lauren. Drop it." I say laughing.

"You know you can't say no to me for long."

"I know." I say leaning down to kiss her.

-----

Lauren's POV

When Josh is kissing me I feel something wet and cold hit the side of my face. Connor threw a snowball at us.

"Oh you're gonna get it now!" Josh says running after him.

We have a snowball fight, and unsurprisingly I lost. Josh is chasing Connor around. Snow is in his hair and it makes his hair shiny. His eyes gleam with excitement. He's been smiling all day. It makes me remember when we were here last June. The night I told him I loved him. It's days like this that make me love him all over again.

--------

We go inside when Michelle yells for us to come in for dinner. She makes homemade pizza like she did the last time I was here.

As we're washing our hands Josh leans over and whispers "Where's the pizza?" In my ear. I laugh so hard I start to cough.

----------