Chapter 18

Josh's POV

Today is the day that the cast go to Georgia to work on Mockingjay. I feel a little left out but I'm happy to be able to stay with Lauren.

We have planned a party for the rest of the cast. We're gonna meet at like a club type thing but for all ages. We've rented the whole place for just us. Lauren is wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a SBNN shirt. I smile seeing her in it. Glad she supports me.

"You've never looked better." I tell her. She blushes.

--------

When we get to the club everyone is already there. Elizabeth orders enough pizza for all of us. Me, Jen, and Lauren all say "WHERES THE PIZZA?!" And everyone laughs. I'm talking to Liam and Stanley when I notice Lauren is sketching a picture of Willow. I smile. Then I remember that the owner of the club said that it was open mic night. I walk up to the stage and get everyone's attention.

"Sorry to bother everyone, but I've heard a rumor that it's open mic night and I think that we should get Lauren to sing for us all!" I say. Everyone cheers but Lauren politely says no but Willow talks Lauren into it. She comes up on stage.

"I'm going to kill you." She says through clenched teeth disguised as a smile.

"I'm very scared baby." I say. I kiss her and walk off the stage. She walks over to the dj telling him the song she wants to sing.

She sings On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons and she does an amazing job. We all cheer for her. Then she says she wants to sing another song. She sings I'd lie by Taylor Swift. But she changes some of the words. Like the original chorus is "I could tell you, his favorite colors green. He loves to argue born on the seventeenth. His sisters beautiful he has his father's eyes and if you ask me if I love him I'd lie." But she changes it too "I could tell you his favorite colors green. He loves to argue. Born on the twelfth. His mother's beautiful, he has his father's eye and if you asked me if I love him I'd lie." I smile. She's so perfect.

----------

On our way home she sings I'd lie some more.

"That song really makes me think of you." She says when we get home.

"Why?"

"Well, because your favorite color is green, I think you do see everything black and white, you don't let anyone see you cry, you can play guitar but you don't tell anyone. And I believe you can see through everything but my heart. And when I wake up I do think "my God he's beautiful." She says.

I laugh at the last part.

"But I don't have to hope for a miracle, because I already have one. You." She says. And I kiss her. We're already in my room so I just lay her down on the bed. I kiss her neck and she takes my shirt off me. I don't stop her and she don't stop me when I take hers off. Neither one of us stops kissing each other until we're both just in our under clothes when I pull away.

"What? I think now would be a fine time." She says with a laugh.

"Not yet." I say. Then we fall asleep snuggled together.

Not yet I reminded myself. And it is true. I'm waiting for the right time, and now would be good if I wasn't waiting for one thing.