A Cub Doll

But...

Suddenly, she sees something that startles her. A girl comes out from the shower which was covered by a curtain. The girl was not aware of Chaeyoung's presence and comes out of the shower unbothered. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, is frozen like stone. At a loss for words. Utterly shocked.

The girl is naked.

Their eyes meet each other. And in that moment, they both let out a scream loud enough to be heard two rooms over.

02 A Cub Doll

Chaeyoung sits on her bed, stills. She can't think straightly, her eyes are wandering at something beyond her. Her mind is chaos, trying to decipher what happened just before. She's too shocked to react, she just never saw something like that before.

A girl. Naked.

Holy cow.

She sits uprightly, not moving, waiting for the other-shocked girl to come out from the bathroom, while herself trying to find some good words to explain what the hell just happened.

Chaeyoung remembers the girl. She's the girl she met at the tteokpokki tent the other night. The one who gave her a powerful stare, the one who made the world stopped for a moment. The one she pictured on her book. The perfect girl.

It's still fresh on Chaeyoung's mind. The girl's stare. How blank it was, powerful, deep, and harsh. She remembers how the girl made her lost her words, because of her perfectness.

After 5 minutes of waiting, the girl finally comes out from the bathroom. With a towel on her head, water drips down from her hair, she comes out wordlessly. She ambles towards her wardrobe, opens it, and does her stuffs. She walks towards her own bed, starts shoving her belongings to a medium size bag.

She didn't even bother to greet Chaeyoung, who's been stupidly and nervously waiting for her. She's doing her stuffs, just like nothing happened between them.

She's neglecting Chaeyoung. And it feels so wrong for Chaeyoung. The thing just happened before, it was absolutely something to discuss.

And so, Chaeyoung swallows thickly, doesn't want their first (or second? Or third) meet ruin everything. "I can explain."

Chaeyoung could see the girl's halting for a moment, but then continues doing her stuffs. She didn't say anything, and Chaeyoung feels a bit guilty.

"I, uhm, I was in rush before. Seriously, I just wanted to pee," Chaeyoung elaborates what just happened before. "I didn't know you were there, so, I just went and... Geez. I'm so sorry. I really am."

Still got an ignorance, Chaeyoung heaves a deep sigh. "I'm sorry, really. If you're so upset to me, I can move to another room and-"

"It's okay."

A second of silence passed.

"Eh?"

There's a moment of silence before the girl stirs her heels. Her eyes find Chaeyoung's, and she gives her warm gaze to the bean. She smiles thinly, but enough for Chaeyoung to see it.

"I'm not upset. And you don't have to move to another room. I heard that it's all occupied right now."

This time, it's the girl who got ignored, because Chaeyoung's so loss of her words suddenly. Her eyes are captivated with the girl's beauty. And when the girl smiles wider, Chaeyoung lost her words more and more.

"It wasn't your fault, actually. I shouldn't let the door open while I'm inside, right?" She laughs at her own words. "It's just my habit since before, because I never had a roomie."