Best Birthday Gift

Can I ask for this shit?

She's hesitating. She isn't sure if Mina would give her this present, but she just can't stop herself from wanting it.

I promise this will be the last time I desire this, God.

Chaeyoung gulps. Her eyes still gaze at Mina's lips. When she looks up again, she sees Mina's eyes are still on here, waiting.

Let this be my biggest sin.

"I want to kiss you."

23 Best Birthday Gift

There's a moment of silence before Mina jolts. "Eh?"

Mina looks surprised. She didn't expect this coming. While Chaeyoung just sits on her place, fidgeting, suddenly feels nervous for asking it. "You heard me, Mina. Don't make me replay it, because I'm hella embarrassed."

Mina doesn't say anything, just staring at Chaeyoung, wanting to know if it's serious or not. "Are you serious?"

"You think I'm joking?"

The older girl's still baffled, loses of words. She turns her face away from Chaeyoung, chooses to stare at the trees before them. After a beat, she chuckles bitterly. "Wow, I didn't expect that."

"Me either," Chaeyoung chuckles awkwardly. "But, I don't really have something that I want right now, other than that."

Mina's body get tenser. "Why do you ask for it?"

Chaeyoung halts, thinking. She's right, why do I ask for a kiss from her? Chaeyoung really doesn't know the reason behind her will. She just... wants it.

"I don't know," she shakes her head, couldn't find any reason. "I just... want it. Am I allow to... want it?"

Mina doesn't answer, just stares at Chaeyoung in an unreadable expression. And Chaeyoung's sure that Mina would refuse to give her that.

Chaeyoung smiles, laughing at herself. What a fool you are, Son Chaeyoung. She would never do that. She would never say yes. She would never say okay—

"Okay."

Chaeyoung turns her head, eyeing Mina, couldn't believe what she just heard. "What?"

Mina exhales slowly. "Okay," Mina smiles, looks oddly calm. She glances over Chaeyoung, amused by the small's shocked face. "Let's kiss."

Chaeyoung feels like the world's stop. Everything becomes blurry, and the only one who doesn't got blurred is Mina. Her heart stops beating for a moment, because she didn't expect Mina would easily say yes.

"Are you serious, Mina?" she asks cautiously, wanting to make sure that it isn't a dream. She's going to kiss Mina, and this time, properly. Is this a dream?

"No more question, Chaeyoung," Mina states gently. And even though she's smiling softly right now, Chaeyoung could see a sadness on her stare. "I agreed to do it with you. So, you can kiss me now. Let's kiss."

"Now?" Chaeyoung suddenly feels nervous. She knows she was the one who want this, but she didn't mean that they should do it right now. Well, she didn't expect Mina to accept it at the first place, so she basically prepared nothing. "We're going to do that now?"

"Yeah, of course," Mina stirs her body, facing Chaeyoung, looks so ready to do the kiss. "Come on."

Chaeyoung gulps, uptightly looking around the park, checking the situation. It's impossible to do that here. It's a public place. So, she smiles bitterly. "Let's do it in my room," she says, trying to convince Mina to not do this here. Or perhaps, she just wants some more time to prepare her heart.