Close The Door, Airheads

Chaeyoung ambles towards the door, opening it. She's completely petrified when she sees the person standing before her. And she could hear Mina asking her from behind. "Who's that, Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung can't answer. And Mina puts aside her dolls, getting up from her bed, and approaches her.

"Who's that, Ch-?"

Mina ceases when she catches the sight of the person before Chaeyoung. Her body is all swaying, obviously drunk. Her face is red, makes Mina wonders how much glasses she drank. She smiles so wide when she catches Mina's figure. "Hi, Mina."

Mina swallows thickly. For some reason, she doesn't really want to see Chaeyoung's face right now.

"Jeongyeon."

19 Close The Door, Airheads

"Hi, Mina!"

Jeongyeon burps loudly, makes the two girls before her step backwards. Chaeyoung still looks surprised, stunned, while Mina's also shocked, can't believe that this girl's standing before them.

"Jeongyeon," Mina calls, worried. Jeongyeon isn't a type of person who drink until she's drunk, Nayeon is. So, it's kinda baffled Mina. "What are you doing here?"

The latter smiles. "I just want to visit my best friend, Mina," she laughs. "So, can I go in?"

"But, wait-"

Mina just watches when Jeongyeon storms in. She follows her with her eyes, still doesn't know what to say. While Chaeyoung beside her still stoned, obviously just the same as her, doesn't know what to do.

"Jeongyeon."

The way Mina calls Jeongyeon, it stings Chaeyoung's heart. Soft and so gentle, which is Chaeyoung's reasons for liking Mina's voice. Her chest hurts, she's jealous.

Chaeyoung inhales and exhales, trying to loosen an invisible rope that tights her chest. But it's no avail. Her chest still heavy, still tight, that she can't even breathe properly.

Mina slowly approaches Jeongyeon, cautiously taps her shoulder. "Jeongyeon, what happened?"

And that's the time when suddenly, Jeongyeon yanks Mina into a hug. She starts to cry there, on Mina's shoulder. And Mina couldn't do anything except replying the hug, comforting her.

On the other side, Chaeyoung's watching in silent. She somehow thinks that Mina looks so lovely taking care of her crush. And it hurts Chaeyoung more, couldn't see the sight any longer.

So, she shifts her eyes from the sight, mumbling, "I-I'll give you two a moment." Oh gosh, she hates it when her voice sounds shaky. It makes her sounds vulnerable, which is true, but she won't let anyone seeing her like this.

And without waiting for an answer, she goes towards the door, leaving the two. Just right before she leave the room, she takes a glance over the pair, and she catches Mina's sad eyes, staring at her. And it makes Chaeyoung wonders, why does she staring at her like that? Why?

Chaeyoung swallows thickly. She blinks a few times, restraining her tears to drop. She won't let Mina see her crying, but at the same time, she can't hold it any longer. And so, she scurries to the outside, leaving the room.

She closes the door behind, giving Mina and Jeongyeon a private time. It's hard to do that, obviously. Her heart is sad, upset, angry, but she knows, she can't do anything. Because Mina and her are just roommate, not more than it.

"Shit," she huffs, her temples are throbbing. She wants to know what are they doing inside, and perhaps it's a bad idea to just leave them two inside the room. But Chaeyoung also can't bear watching the scene. She's curious, but at the same time, she won't get hurt again.