Finally, Geez

Your existence cheers me up.

That words make Mina want to come. She wants to cheer Chaeyoung up.

And so, there she is, scurrying to the theater building. She arrives at the entrance with a big smile, looking forward to see the practice. But her smile doesn't last long, immediately gone when she sees what's on the stage. She's not so close to the stage, but the sight on it is pretty clear.

On the stage, Chaeyoung is kissing Dahyun.

Mina doesn't know why, but she could feel her legs limp. Her eyes wave at the sight, her heart throbs in pain. The next thing she does is she stirs her body and leaves the building in haste, as soon as she arrived.

28 Finally, Geez

Chaeyoung is on the stage, standing beside her friends. She's waiting for her scene. As they have tons of scenes, she has to wait while the other playing another scene.

This morning, she asked Mina to come to see her. She hopes she's here. Thinking about Mina makes Chaeyoung happy as hell.

Her turn finally comes. It's the scene of Jack with Rose, so she plays it with Dahyun. They aren't as awkward as before because they're getting closer to each other now. So, she walks into the middle of the stage with a big smile on her face, approaching Dahyun who's already there.

Time for the show!

Chaeyoung high-fives Dahyun, it's gradually becoming their thing. Dahyun smiles for a moment, but thr next second, her face turns very serious. She's concentrating to the show, doesn't want to make a mistake. While Chaeyoung's been all smiley, making Dahyun confused of her. "Why are you so happy?"

"Why am I so happy?" Chaeyoung mimics Dahyun's tone. "This is our last practice. We should spend it with a good mood, okay?"

Dahyun smiles seeing Chaeyoung happy. "Okay."

Then, the practice begins. As usual, they play nicely. They've been practicing for weeks and it starts showing a good result. As Jack and Rose, they seem perfect.

They should play a lot of scenes. One if it is a kiss scene. They l've been doing it without real kiss, just pretending they kiss. And of course, this time she'll do the same. But, seems like what she'd planned is gonna fail when suddenly her friend interrupts. "Wait, guys."

Dahyun and Chaeyoung stop, looking at the friend. She looks thoughtful, and Chaeyoung's heart twitches in a weird way when she says, "isn't this supposed to be a kiss scene?" She says it loud and firm, and Chaeyoung swears it become terrifying when she adds, "then why don't you guys kiss?"

Chaeyoung feels her heart skip a beat. "What?"

"I mean, you two play as a couple and have a lot of kiss scenes. But we haven't see any of it yet." Neither Dahyun nor Chaeyoung answer the question. "Why don't you guys kiss now, so it wouldn't be awkward tomorrow?"

Oh no. Why are they suddenly demanding about this?

"Yeah, she's right," another girl agrees. "You guys are doing so well, but you need to practice the kiss, aren't you?"

Dahyun seems calmer than Chaeyoung, and she just smiles. "No, no. I can't do that with Chaeyoung. It's gonna be so awkward," she disagrees the idea, but Chaeyoung doesn't say anything about it. She knows they're right. They should do it and they have no other choice.

Dahyun's words are also make no sense, because the friend doesn't buy it. "That's why you two should do it now. If it's awkward now, then what are you gonna do on the stage later?" She still demands a kiss scene. "Practice makes you better. Even a professional has to do it a lot to be good at it, right? You guys can't make it good in one flick."