A Tiny Superhero

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's okay. I just need to do something urgent and the nanny is busy enough so she didn't answer my call. I was about to ask Mina to come here and replace me to take care of Momo for a night but well, she's not there."

"Yeah. Poor you."

Chaeyoung yawns.

Wait.

"Okay, then. I'll hang up. Thanks-"

"Wait, Jihyo!" Chaeyoung speaks loudly, doesn't want the older girl to hang up the phone.

"Yes?"

"Wait there." Chaeyoung's suddenly totally awake. "I'll do it. I'll replace you."

07 A Tiny Superhero

Chaeyoung's currently sitting on of an empty seat in the train, alone. There isn't so much people around her, only few, and most of them are either sleeping or playing their phones. It's so quiet there, and it's enough for Chaeyoung to reflect, to think about her action just before.

'I'll do replace you.'

Chaeyoung closes her lids, realizing that it was rather brave or stupid thing she did.

She sighs. Well, she said it, so, she has to do it. That's the reason why she's inside the train now, going to her hometown, to take care of Mina's bestie, Momo.

Yeah, Chaeyoung never thought about this before. Like, geez, what kind of person Momo is? She heard things about her from Mina's story, but it's not enough kind of person Momo is? She heard things about her from Mina's story, but it's not enough for Chaeyoung to know well about her. And now, Chaeyoung doesn't really have to pry information of Momo from Mina, because she's going to take care of her by herself.

The train finally stops at Chaeyoung's destination. She gets off from the train, walking towards Momo's house. The house at the end of the block.

It feels weird. Chaeyoung usually walks this road to go to her home. But right now, she just passed her house and keeps walking towards the house at the end, where Jihyo's waiting for her.

She arrives at the house. And now, she's standing in front of the entrance, doing nothing. She's preparing herself, getting herself ready. She keeps exhaling, and when she's ready, she knocks the door. And the door opens in quick, Jihyo emerges from inside with a tired face.

"Come on, I've been waiting you to knock the door from inside," Jihyo smiles thinly. "I saw you from the window. You look not so great."

"Sorry," Chaeyoung smiles. And Jihyo shakes her head. "No, that's my word. I'm sorry for this mess. Are you sure you'll be okay with this?"

Chaeyoung nods, convincing herself that she'll be fine. "Sure. I'll be okay. Can I get in now?"

Jihyo moves aside to give Chaeyoung a space. "Absolutely. Come in."

Chaeyoung enters the house after exhaled loudly. She can't believe that she's here again, being in this house. She smells coffee.

"So, I think Mina already told you everything. Huh?"

Chaeyoung turns and sees Jihyo's walking to the kitchen. She returns with hands bringing two cups of coffee. "And that means you already know what you have to do, right?" says Jihyo, while handing one of the cup to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung takes the cup, takes a sip. "Thanks," she smiles. "Anyway, she told me about Momo before. But, not about how to take care of her."

Jihyo nods. "Okay, so, all you have to do is just make sure she keeps inside this house. That's it. You can lock the front door or you can lock Momo inside her room, which is kinda rude to be honest," Jihyo exhales. "And you have to check her oftenly. Just to make sure she's resting well."