I Miss You

She smiles for the last time. "Bye, Mina."

"Wait-" Mina calls, but she's too late because Chaeyoung has left the place. All she could do is stare at her back that is slowly walking away from her. And Mina doesn't know how, she doesn't know why she suddenly feels upset. She's upset at herself. For not being able to say the truth. For not being able to tell Chaeyoung what she feels.

She gulps, the regret suddenly fills her up. She wants to call Chaeyoung again, so she could tell her the truth. So she could be honest about her feelings. So she could see her face again.

And that's the time Mina realizes something.

Chaeng.

I miss you.

27 I Miss You

"Thanks for today, guys. Let's wrap this up so we can take some rests."

Chaeyoung wipes the sweat on her temple. It's 9 pm and it's dark already. Although, the weather is hot and she could feel the sting on her skin. Gosh, she needs a bath right now.

After they finished discussing the test, they farewell, scattering around the stage and getting ready to leave. Chaeyoung is fanning herself with her hand and approaching her bad. She's about to leave when someone taps her shoulder.

Chaeyoung turns her head and sees her friend, Yoon, is behind her. "What's wrong?"

"The others want to hang out for a bit. You in?" she asks, seems excites. The practice was an energy drainer and Chaeyoung wants to say no. But not gonna lie, she's hungry. So she nods. "Okay."

And now, they walk away from the campus and wander around the street. They're looking for a good restaurant. They find a tent and enter it.

"What do you want to order, Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung takes a look at the menu. "One cold chicken noodle, please." Yeah, it's Chaeyoung way to survive the summer.

"Want to drink a bit, guys?"

Chaeyoung glances at one of her friends who just said it. She smiles lopsidedly. And they order some bottles of soju, making Chaeyoung wonder if she should join them drinking.

Her friends start chatting excitedly and Chaeyoung wonders where they get those energies. She doesn't listen to them and checking her phone instead. No call, no text either. She sighs sadly. She knows she shouldn't have expected anything, because sometimes, a hope can hurt you even worse than anything.

She expected a text from Mina.

Today, when Mina visited the practicing, Chaeyoung was so happy. It was so sudden, Chaeyoung never thought that Mina would come to see her practice today. That's why she felt contented when she saw Mina was there. Because fuck, she misses her so much.

But, Chaeyoung realizes something odd with Mina. Why she acted like she didn't call Chaeyoung? And all she said was just 'hi'. That was quite funny, yet strange. Like how did you not realize that you were calling someone's name with that loud voice? It was weird.

Okay, back to the present, the food isn't here yet. Chaeyoung is hungry as hell and she tries to distract herself by re-reading her chat with Mina. And yes, it works. There's nothing special with the chat, but it makes Chaeyoung happy.

She smiles unconsciously while trying to cover her stupid smile with her palm from her friends. She keeps smiling while re-reading the chat, and even though she tries to not look suspicious, her friends notice it.

"Chaeng."

At that, Chaeyoung looks up and realizes that her friends are staring at her. She stops smiling. "Yes?"