Missing You

"Okay, then. I'm leaving now. See you later, Mina." And Mina could only watch Chaeyoung leaving wordlessly.

She'll be okay. Don't worry.

Mina keeps convincing herself that Chaeyoung will be okay. But, she doesn't realize that it's not Chaeyoung who should she worries about. It's her own self.

It's herself, who didn't know that she'll face a struggle because Chaeyoung left her alone. She didn't realize the loneliness she will and has to face.

26 Missing You

Mina sighs. This class is so boring. She doesn't know why she feels so bored right now, when usually she enjoys this class tons. She has no intention to pay attention to the teacher. Probably because it's extremely hot outside and it makes Mina can hardly concentrate on her class.

This morning, she woke up after having a bad dream. It was about Momo. The precious moment where Mina, Jihyo and Momo were together was playing inside her head, over and over.

It wasn't a bad dream, it was actually rather beautiful. Mina was able to remember those moments, those happier times when she could be carefree. But it quickly transformed into a terrible dream when Mina woke up. She felt that overwhelming sense of grief consume her once again, but this time it was even worse than before.

It wasn't Mina's first dream about Momo since her passing. But everytime she had a nightmare, Chaeyoung was always there with her, getting woken up by Mina's scream. She would jump from her bed and scurry towards Mina to comfort her. That's what made this dream feel different. This time, Chaeyoung wasn't there with her. She was no longer by Mina's side, helping the shaken girl calm down.

It has been five days since Chaeyoung left. Five days without Mina seeing that small girl's face. Usually, Mina would wake up earlier than Chaeyoung. She would typically wake Chaeyoung up as well. It felt like a routine to Mina and now it feels weird without that constant schedule in her life. She's gone a full five days without completing her normal morning ritual.

It's odd. Mina was fine the night Chaeyoung left. But now, every morning she wakes up and realizes that she's alone. Chaeyoung is no longer in the bed across from hers, and Mina feels lonely. She feels sad and she hopes Chaeyoung will someday be here with her.

Mina exhales resignedly. She hopes Chaeyoung is okay. But will she be okay herself?

Her class is finally over. Geez, Mina's head was about to explode because she can't take the lesson any longer. The unfriendly hot air stings her skin and she desperately needs an escape. Watermelon juice, I'm coming for you!

Mina was about to go to the cafeteria when someone called her name. "Mina!"

She turns her head and finds Nayeon is heading her direction. Her bunny smile adorns her face and she's alone, no Jeongyeon to be found. It's strange. They're always together.

"Hey, Mina. What's up?"

"Where's Jeongyeon?"

Nayeon shrugs. "That stupid girl? She said she wanted to study for finals and she told me to stay away from her. You know she always acts that way when she wants to concentrate."

Mina smiles. She has to admit it, Jeongyeon has this funny habit whenever she wants to 'study harder'. You'll find her in the library, studying hard and alone when finals are near. "It's weird to see you walking around campus without her."

Nayeon nods, laughing. "Trust me, it feels weird too." She shrugs. "By the way, Mina. Are you free right now? Let's have lunch together."

Mina isn't really hungry, but she's craving some watermelon juice. She nods, accepting the invitation.