Momo, Why

Chaeyoung gulps, mumbling something unclear through the call.

"What?"

Chaeyoung mumbles again, but still unclear for Mina to hear it.

"Chaeng?"

A halt.

"I'll jump."

"What?! No!"

Mina is only 20 meters afar. But, she just could only watch Chaeyoung, her tiny roommate, just releases her bag, her jacket, and climbs up the barrier before she jumps to the dark, cold water down there. Finding for Momo.

22 Momo, Why?

"No! Son Chaeyoung!"

It's too late. Chaeyoung just jumped off the bridge, chasing Momo, risking her life to save her. And Mina could only watch it, can't even stop the cub when she blindly did that.

Mina hears people shrieking in panic. Of course, two persons just jumped off the bridge within a minute, and of course it would give everyone a nightmare. It's so chaos up here, everyone's panic. But Mina isn't, because she can't think about anything else. Two of her friends just jumped, and it happened so fast, too fast for Mina that she can't even believe that it's really happening.

Is this real?

Mina's hands are trembling when she arrives at Chaeyoung's stuffs. There are her bag, her jacket, scattering around the ground.

She just jumped off the bridge to save Momo. Yeah, she just jumped.

"Help-!" Mina shocks when she can't even hear her voice. "Help!" she tries harder, her voice sounds husky. "Someone help them!"

That's all what she can do, begging for help, crying endlessly. When the police officers come, she keeps begging them to save her friends, to bring them both back alive. The police officer tells her to calm down, but of course she can't, not when her friends still down there.

"How could I calm down when they're still down there?!"

Hirai Momo and Son Chaeyoung, her precious friends. Mina never expected this. She didn't know that Momo would try to kill herself again, and now, even Chaeyoung's dragged into this problem.

No, Mina can't let this happen. Mina can't lost them both.

Please God.

///

Chaeyoung just jumped in, to the river under the bridge.

At the moment her skin touches the water, she could feel how could it is. She quickly pushes herself up to the surface, adjusting herself with the cold water that makes her shivers already.

She could hear the murmur from up there. Of course, Momo jumped off the bridge already shocked everyone who witnessed it, and now, Chaeyoung made it worse by following her.

Chaeyoung keeps moving her legs, trying to make herself keeps floating on the surface. Her mind's blank. She thought she could help Momo by following her. But now, as she's staring at the calm water around her, she knows, it wouldn't be an easy task.

First of all, it's very dark here. It's not easy to see anything around her. And it'll make it trickier to find Momo who's sinking somewhere in this river. And second, it's cold here. Chaeyoung has to find Momo as fast as she could, before she gets a hypothermia. She has to move fast, so she can save two lifes, hers and Momo's.

The next moment, she takes a deep breath, and starts diving, looking for Momo. And fuck, it's hard as hell. It's very dark here. The moon's bright today, and it helps her a bit. But, will she be able to find her in here? In this endless darkness? Even if Momo jumps in a daytime, it'll be hard to do this, right?