The Reason Why

"But, why you suddenly asked about that?"

Mina seems thoughtful. After a moment, she shrugs, smiling fondly at Chaeyoung. "I was curious about it. And else," she begins stepping, walking away from the small. She glances over her shoulder and says, "I think I have to move on and find someone new, right?"

Chaeyoung gapes when Mina leaves.

I think I have to move on and find someone new, right?

Chaeyoung gasps.

What was that?!

24 The Reason Why

"So, you're not going with us?"

Mina looks up, pausing from tidying her stuffs and shaking her head, rejecting. "No, thanks. I'm meeting someone later. Can't miss this one."

Nayeon nods, doesn't ask again. She wants Mina to join them to the club, purely just because she wants to comfort the girl. She knows it's been a rough weeks for Mina. Having an embarrassing fight with her roommate, best friend suicided, Nayeon really wants to make Mina better. But, well, perhaps she finds her own way to make herself feels better.

"Then, we're leaving now," Nayeon ambles to the door, leaving the class with Jeongyeon who's been hiding behind her, probably still awkward with Mina. And Mina just stares at them in silent.

After Nayeon left, Mina carries on tidying her stuffs. She stands up afterwards and hastily leaves the campus. She visits the nearest store to buy some stuffs, and then she goes straight to the dorm, her steps are all bouncy, apparently excited.

Wait for me, Chaeyoung.

She arrives at the dorm, ascending the stairs in a quick pace. She bought two bottles of soju, obviously gonna drink them tonight. She doesn't have a class tomorrow, so she wants to spend the night with doing whatever she wants.

She feels very excited. Chaeyoung messaged her earlier, saying that she's gonna prepare the food she brought from her home so they can eat together. She's gonna scold Mina for drinking soju later, but perhaps, she'll understand this time. It's been a tough days for Mina and she just wants to get drunk right now.

She arrives at her door, still excited. She opens the door and her smile's gone very quick when she sees the figure inside her room. Instead of seeing Chaeyoung, she's now staring at her best friend, Jihyo, who's sitting on her bed, waiting for her.

Mina involuntarily gulps thickly.

"Jihyo."

And when Jihyo looks up, Mina's chest stings. Those red, swollen eyes sting her heart.

"Mina."

Mina drops the plastic bag in her hands, rushing to her best friend and hugging her. She could feel her eyes get teary. The past suddenly plays in her mind and it aches her heart.

They hug for a moment, and then Mina draws herself away from Jihyo. She forces a smile, happy but beaten to see Jihyo before her.

"Don't smile if you won't, Mina," Jihyo softly says, noticing Mina's forced smile. "Because, I can't smile too at this moment."

Mina exhales, holding back her tears. "What are you doing here?" And Jihyo's tears up when she says, "I just want to visit my remaining bestfriend. Can I?"

Mina nods, wanting to comfort Jihyo so bad. But then she remembers, she needs someone to comfort her too. "Of course, Jihyo. Just visit me whenever you want." And they hug again. "Gosh, I miss her already," Mina mutters, wiping her tears away from her cheeks. She feels Jihyo nods on her shoulder, apparently agrees that she also misses her.