{1}The Rejection

EDITED

Ever since I lost my field of vision, I've been told countless times that I would never be able to look at my mate. To bond with him unless it was through a marking ceremony.

Little did I know how important that was.

**

I slam the locker shut in frustration as Alexander tugs at his leash in an impatient manner. I feel my way down the lockers and sit on my haunches while I grab for the zipper on my bag. Tossing the school books in, I zip back up an stand on my feet. Alex begins leading me towards my second-period class. The other teen wolves around going quiet as the new girl, correction the new blind girl, is led by a giant German Shepherd and Golden Retriever mix.

I didn't need my vision to know they were parting around me like the red seas. Once Alex stopped and let loose an embarrassingly loud bark, I felt my way into the classroom. I knew I was a little late to class once the original chatter in the room fell silent. They were staring at me, I could feel their gazes.

"You must be Miss Bella?" A timid voice asks me.

I nod my head in the direction of the frail teacher, allowing her hand to guide me towards my chair. In the back, I loved it.

Since this was an all wolf school, I'm assuming all of these people had known why I couldn't see anything. But let's leave that for another time.

I take out my braille textbooks and wait for the lecture to begin.

"Oh, miss Bella, please remove those sunglasses." The lady probes.

I stay still, silent as a mouse. Did she know why I wore these?

"Please, Miss Bella."

I sigh and angrily rip off the aviators, feeling the embarrassed blush creeping up my neck.

Everyone is staring at me again, and again I don't need sight to see their horrified gazes. The deep three claw marks ran from the top left of my forehead to the bottom of my right eye. Two of the claw marks were swept over my eyes, leaving me permanently blind.

The whole class period is filled with whispers as Miss Ray, the teacher, prompts them to be quiet. Alex is curled up on my feet asleep. They whispered about my dog even.

Did they think that just because I had no vision I was blind? How dumb were these people?

I mentally eye roll and wait for the bell to ring, signaling the end of second period. Being a blind senior in high school, who was actually a werewolf, obviously isn't the easiest thing that could happen in life.

I pace myself while walking to class, avoiding the furtive glances from my peers was easy. I'm blind. The darkness was always there, yet I'm still afraid of it.

Halfway through fourth period, and nothing had changed. One would have thought people would be a little more sensitive to me. But no one in this school wasn't staring at me. Only one person had made an effort to talk to me, a girl named Lacey in my third-period class who had offered me to eat lunch with her.

When the bell signaling A lunch hour, I almost shot out of my chair in excitement. I love food almost as much as cats love catnip. Or a druggie loves their drugs. And in my own opinion, I'm not fat. I only weighed a little over 110 pounds, at my height of 5'4. Which was pretty average I think?

Letting Alex lead me through the halls to the lunch room was a bad idea. I bumped into about a million people who all apologized profusely like I was some kind of precious glass. As if. Once I finally made it to the cafeteria, everyone was quiet again. I stood still a moment, not really knowing what to do. I mean, who would know what to do.