{25} Forgotten, not Forgiven

Bella Parker

Landon was officially discharged from the hospital, three days after admission. Having been the cause of his accident, I didn't have the nerve to face him.

Everything was going wrong in my life. For starters, I don't know what in the freaking world possessed me to say yes to going to JBB with him, but I seriously regret it. I mean, immensely. Secondly, every other day a pack member was dying. And what made it worse was that my bonds with the pack were so weak I couldn't feel it. Lacey or Ophelia or anyone else had to let me know, and it was embarrassing. And last, all of it was my fault. The rogues, and the border breaches, all of it. Because.... he was back. The one person that I never wanted to see again, had reappeared. He wanted me back. It's like Alpha Daniel had said, if it came down to me or the pack it was always going to be me.

Sighing, I flopped down on my mattress lost in my thoughts. And then I accidentally smacked my head on the window plaster. I let out a loud groan and slumped downwards, snarling at myself in annoyance. The only good thing that had happened was getting my wolf back unexpectedly. She may actually have been the reason I let the word yes slip out of my mouth that day. Which is why I haven't been on a run for four days. But the need to stretch my paws was overwhelming, and she grew restless. So finally, out of exasperation, I decided to go on a run. Here went nothing. I gathered jogging pants and a semi clean shirt from around my bedroom floor and laid them out in front of me.

I stood in the center of the room, letting myself feel the pull of the full moon that was approaching us. I envisioned my wolf, her slender yet slightly larger feminine shape, the large dark brown and black splotches covering her body. The intense hazel blue eyes. Finally, my skin started to tingle. It hurt every time a wolf shifted, but for others is was much less painful then this. It has taken me about ten minutes the last few times I tried to shift, but now it only took six.

The agony was finally over, and I could see. It was all in color, only because werewolves are different than regular wolves to the extreme. Gathering my clothes in my mouth, I happily bounded out of the room. Skidding down the stairs I was met with my brother and his mate. This was the first time I had actually gotten a good look at her, so I studied closely. She looked young, but I knew better. Her curves gave way to her age which was actually around 14-15. Her skin was ghastly pale and long black curls fell down her back in waves. She gave off an Italian vibe, and her mocha eyes were endless pools of swirls of chocolate. All in all, she was really pretty.

"What is your name?" I growled out in the wolf of tongues, knowing that if she was in a hunter facility this was probably her first language. More than likely she didn't know how to mind link either, I mean, I couldn't so it didn't matter anyways.

She didn't reply, just clutched on to my brothers hand tightly. It was the only tell sign that she understood my words. My brother quickly explained the situation with her name, and I only gave a slight nod in return. Six, huh?

Getting bored of the situation, I sprinted out of the room. Yipping happily, I ran the pack borders for hours, slowing down only for water and to hunt. I slipped and skidded into trees several times before I got the hang of my sight and the wolf form back. The need to let the beast out slowly ebbed away until I was left with exhaustion. Panting, I laid down with my head on my paws, letting sleep become of me.

When I woke up the stars were up, and I was surrounded by three rogues. They were all in wolf form, circling me like predators on prey.                

The excitement of a fight and adrenaline mixed with my fear, pushing me to my feet. Growling and snapping my pearly whites everywhere, the rogues watched on with interest. Finally, the larger of the bunch stepped forward. This one would be tough to beat. The rogue had rolls and rolls of hunky muscle, his eyes were calculating and rimmed with red. He stood proud on his feet, sending me a smirk.

         We clashed, pushing one another until one backed away. Finally, when both of us couldn't take it anymore, we shook free of each other. My belly scraped the ground, and I wondered in desperation why the other wolves weren't attacking. Did they think he was simply enough to take me down? While lost in my thoughts, the wolf seized the opportunity, throwing me to the ground and using his colossal weight to his advantage. I struggled for breath as his jaws latched onto my neck. I scraped uselessly on his underbelly as he continued his onslaught of teeth and claw.  When the blood had began to pool from beneath my neck scruff, I finally got free. Turning my head in a desperate attempt, I latched onto his front left paw. The larger wolf yelped, retreating quickly from my body. I used his momentary moment of weakness to jump onto his back, making him stagger. I quickly locked my jaw onto his own scruff, not letting go till a resounding snap filled the air. The wolf- now dead, slumped to the ground, his last breath leaving him. 

The wolves that still surrounded my weak body looked impressed but unfazed. That's when it clicked, they had been testing my ability. I had either confirmed what they thought or completely changed their views on me. But the point was that the element of surprise was gone. The rogues slipped away into the night, leaving me behind. I didn't dare follow them, instead I let out a loud howl. It echoed between the trees until it reached the patrol wolves, who howled a response back. They were on their way. Another howl that was further north than this one confirmed that Landon was also on the way.

Unconsciousness became me.

I only woke up once more, to the sounds of Landon barking orders at the patrol wolves and the motion of being lifted. One halfhearted look in Landon's direction told me he had gathered my sleeping wolfs for in both arms, snuggling me into his chest. I didn't like it.

What he had done would be forgotten, but not forgiven, ever.

A/N

Hello my readers. Wait, that gets me thinking, are any of my readers dudes? The statistics thing says 2% or guys, but I'd never given the possibility a thought lol. Sorry, anyways.

Carrying on. I don't know why in the world I decided to update but uh, yeah boy! I literally woke up and got my laptop. I hate this chapter, hopefully you guys enjoyed it. A little more action than romance here.

Dedicated to 

Because she literally read the whole book so far in like 2 days lol. Thank ya!!

VOTE
COMMENT
FAN
SHARE
LOVE YA