{29} Meeting Nate

Bella Jones

Have you ever been in one of those situations that was just impossible to get out of? One that makes your heart pump a million beats a minute and sweat coat the inside of your palm? Makes you light headed, mouth dry.

That was me at this moment in time. Who knew knocking over a christmas tree and sending three thugs to the hospital could get you seated in a jail cell?

That was me right now. All of us were tight together and seated on a bench, cuffed. Unfortunately, silver lined cuffs. It wasn't enough to really hurt, more like an itch on the bottom of your foot in the middle of class. From what I could tell, Ophelia and Landon were both to my right. Lacey, Trey, and Aspen to my left.

Officer Tores- whom we had all gotten familiar with via his loud gum smacking- was seated somewhere in front of us. The silence was scary enough, but the loud and obnoxious clicking of heals approaching us was much, much worse.

The Luna.

Landon's mom had been called as all six of our guardian, and by the tone of her voice through the phone she was far off from happy with the whole debacle.

The clicking had now stopped.

"Mrs. Parker?" Officer Torres inquired, his spanish accent heavily slurring his words.

"Why is my child in a jail cell?" She snapped back, her tone laced with disgust for the poor human officer.

"Well, for starters, Landon here sent a poor boy to the hospital with a broken nose and a concussion," Torres said simply, almost as if he were asking a question.

"Well, in my defence, he was attacking my m-"

"Girlfriend, that human garbage attacked my sons girlfriend," The Luna finished pointedly.

If you haven't guessed yet, werewolves don't take all that kindly to humans. Especially government related humans- something about issues with wars and stuff in the past. Higher ranked officials are definitely aware of the wolf population spattered throughout the nations. Though they decided to keep us under wraps, the only thing we had agreed upon with the humans.

Shaking loose of my thoughts- and the embarrassment of being called Landon's girlfriend, I focused back on the conversation.

A few angry rants and a very surprised officer and we were loaded back into our respective vehicles. The car ride back was so long and boring I fell asleep leaned against the door.

When I woke up, we were still in motion. Only this time, Landon had me in his arms. My head was propped against his shoulder as he carried me up the presumed driveway. Not sure why I was doing it, I decided to pretend sleep. And then I actually fell asleep. The comfort of my swaying body and Landon's warmth had me nodding off again. The lull of sleep was too much to resist and then I was too far gone.

When I woke up for the second time, something soft and plushy coated me. The smell of Landon was everywhere. Then it hit me- this was Landon's room. Temptation to explore overwhelmed me, but I fought it because I was unfamiliar with the room. I helplessly made my way around in a frantic search for the door. Once I finally breached it, I pulled it open and began to walk out only smack into a solid wall of muscle.

"Woah, care to slow down there speedy? I mean I know I'm hot but... Show a little restraint," The body chuckled, a deep masculine chuckle that sent chills down my spine.

"Who are you and why are you standing outside the door?" I cut off whatever he was about to say, and pushed against his chest.

"I'm Nathaniel Mason Edwardo Parker the Third, but you pretty lady can just call me Nate," The voice responded, and I frowned at his use of surname.

"Parker?" I questioned skeptically, moving forwards and brushing passed him.

"As in your mates cousin yes," Nate chuckled, grabbing ahold of my arm and pulling me forwards.

"Landon has a Cousin?"

This piqued my interest, the allure to understand more about the elusive Landon Parker sparking within.

"Actually, Landon has twelve cousins. Our names- in order of age- are Roselia, Peter, James, Sal, Valentino, Nathan, Jan-,"

"Okay, okay. I get it. But what are you doing here?" I clipped him off, pulling my arm from his warm grasp.

"Didn't you hear the news princessa? I'm your new and improved security detail!" Nathan chuckled, stopping me dead in my tracks.

"Landon did not just go there," I snapped, trying my best to walk down the stairs. I ended up tripping and falling down a couple flights of stairs before Nate caught up to me. He pulled me back up into his grasp by my arm, and I rolled my eyes had the extra mile he went to touch me.

"I like this position princessa," Nathaniel chuckled, and that's when I noticed I was pressed against his chest again. Quirking an eyebrow up, I tried to push myself away from him.

"Do you happen to have a bandaid? I scraped my knee falling for you. Literally," Nate said, making mr immediately break out laughing.

"My cousin told me not to touch you, but I can't help it. You must be a banana, because I find you apeeling," Nate finished, and I laughed even harder.

"Seriously? Could you be anymore cheesy?" I chuckled, finally sobering up.

"Well, actually-,"

Whatever he was about to say was cut off by a low and dangerous growl. Nathan's arms tightened up around me, and I heard him gulp dryly.

"Hello, mio cugino. How are you today?" He chuckled- and using the spare teachings I received from classes, I translated that Landon must be the cousin he was talking about.

"Hands off my mate Nathan," Landon barked, stalking forwards and gripping my other arm tightly. He pulled my body towards his, and instantly I felt the faint feeling of the mate pull engulf me.

"I thought I could trust you with one thing Nathan. One small thing. I can't trust any of you with anything!" Landon snapped, and his possessive voice made me chuckle into my hand.

"It was one time! It's not like I meant for your matress to float into a waterfall!" Nate scoffed, and I decided right then and there I liked this guy.

"You put me in a river on my mattress at six in the morning, what the hell did you think was going to happen?" Landon snapped back. I was subconsciously aware he still had his arms around me. I decided not to act on it.

"We were only 12 cugino!" Nathan cried in defence, and this time I couldn't help but shake my head at the two. What a bunch of children.

"It was last year you uncultured swine!"

Oh boy. Maybe having a security detail for myself won't be too bad.

A/N

Hehehe. Yooo. So surprise chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Nate is officially my favorite character. Who's your favorite?

Answer in a comment!

FAN
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE