{21}Miracle

A/N
So I just realized a small plot hole that I need to go back and edit. I said that Ben was 15, and his mate was 14. I need to change Ben to 16 and his mate to 15 because two reasons. A: He was driving Bella around in a car LOL.
B: I want him old enough to be training for Theta rank.

Bella Jones

I woke from my hazy sleep, and instantly wished I hadn't. My throat felt like a cats scratching post, my wrist was throbbing painfully, and my face just generally hurt.

Memories from yesterday afternoon filled my mind with agony and embarrassment. I could feel the rage burning inside me. The need to make those bastards regret ever touching me. I could still feel their hateful eyes burning through my skin. I never wanted to feel that helpless again. I never wanted to have to rely on Landon so much.

Landon.

I was feeling so controversial over the whole Landon Parker situation. One minute he's rejecting the mate bond and the next he's my knight in shining armour promising to keep me safe.

I shiver as I remember the words he told me last night- that no one would ever hurt me again. I wanted more than anything to believe him. But we all know 'once bitten, twice shy.'

Maybe Landon could keep the demons away, maybe he could save me. Even though my brain is telling me not to trust him, no to fall for him, my heart tells a different story. Like how it beats miraculously faster when he's around. Like how it shows a future where Landon is asking me to JBB. I'm almost positive that I've had these feelings from the moment I met him. And yes, that's a scary thought.

Because I have severe trust issues with the male specimen.

A loud knock on my hospital room door sends me out of my thoughts. I call out to let the intruders know it's okay to come in. My teeth ache as I talk, and my hand flies up to relieve pressure from the gums. Pressing on them, my eyes are wider than saucers. It almost felt like my wolf canines were coming in.

Landon enters the room in all his Stetson cologne smelling glory. I feel the bed dip and I know he's making himself comfortable on my bed. Not that I'm complaining.

"How are you feeling?" Landon speaks softly, and his fingers brush a long strand of hair behind my ear. My cheeks flame at the simple gesture- relishing in his cool fingers brushing my face.

"Not so great," I finally reply, somehow finding the motivation to speak. My voice sounds hoarse to my own ears.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner," Landon sighs, and the tone of his voice catches me off guard. He almost sounded broken.

"Don't say that, I'm the one who should be apologising," I start, but before I could get another word out Landon started growling loudly.

"Don't you dare say that was your fault! We both know who was responsible for this," His voice came out deep and husky, a shiver running down my spine. His wolf wasn't happy with my comment.

"You're right. Anyways, I wanted to thank you for what you did. You saved my life, and I'll always be indebted to you," I smiled shyly, letting my hair fall like a curtain.

"Please don't hide yourself from me angel. You're beautiful, and I want you to let me show the whole world that."

I sucked in a deep breath and tried my best to not start squealing like a fan girl. The Landon Parker had just called me beautiful.

My good mood quickly died down as I realised that he probably told hundreds of girls the same thing. I still couldn't help but feel special to him.

Before I could say something back to him, a humongous pain hit me. My head felt like it was going to explode and my ears popped.

I screamed extremely loud- a powerful and emotional scream that echoed throughout my own ears. Landon was all over me in alarm, and as soon as his hand touched me the pain was cut in half to an almost bearable standard. His hand retracted and I groaned in disagreement, throwing myself at him. Landon let out an oomph as my body collided with his. Grasping his shoulders desperately, I could feel my ankle bone shifting places.

Landon seemed to understand what was happening and my need to be near him.

"Oh my God, Bella, you're shifting!" Landon shouted, pulling my body even closer to his. I only groaned in response, my head flaring with pain. This continued for about seven hours- pack doctors and wolves surrounding me. Trying to make more comfortable as each of my bones shifted and rearranged themselves. By the time night rolls around, the last of my bones are finishing their painful arranging.

Now in complete wolf form, I lay on the ground with my eyes closed, too exhausted to move. I could only whimper and cover my muzzle and eyes with my paws. Only when I recognized the familiar voices of Ben and Landon speaking did I stop and try to listen in on their conversation.

"She doesn't want to see you right now," Landon said stiffly and emotionless.

"Let me see my sister Parker," Ben snapped, and I heard a commotion as he tried to push Landon away from the door.

"Don't forget who your alpha is pup," Landon snapped, his annoyance shining through.

"Sorry, Alpha. But I didn't forget you were the one who rejected my sister," Ben growled back in a tone that was anything but respectful. He was right about that.

"I may have rejected Bella in the first place because I was stupid and hormone driven, but do not doubt that I will win my mate back," Landon whispered harshly, unaware that I could hear everything that they were talking.

I still had not opened my eyes and I was frozen with shock. Landon wanted me as his mate? Was this another one of his jokes? Before I had time to dwell on it, I heard the door open and they both entered. I stood up to greet them, opening my ryes and expecting to be greeted by darkness.

When my eyes open, black and white shapes clouded my vision. First, I saw only blurs before it sharpened into shapes and people. The first person who entered the room happened to be my brother, and I almost cried with joy at the sight of him.

He looked the same as the cheeky little 12 year old I had once known, only much bigger and manly. My legs still felt wobbly underneath me, so I sat on my haunches and waited anxiously to see what Landon looked like. Ben stepped to the right, and I was greeted by a pair if warm forest green eyes. Landon peered back at me while I took a moment to memorize his body features.

Normal wolves wouldn't see in color- but werewolves were different. I could see his sandy blonde hair and his warm eyes. His bright white nike T-shirt and his black basketball shorts and tennis shoes.

But more than that- I could see him. His sharp jaw bone and thick eyelashes. His muscled chest and bulging biceps. I could see Landon Parker- and he was one incredibly sexy creature.

A/N

So, she can see? Hahahaha, I know I updated three days ago and I'm sorry for the wait. Trying to get on a schedule. The wolf up top is Bella's. Landon is actually trying to be a good mate- I'm so proud of him. Guess what? 21 chapters!! Whooop Whoop.

Catcha later alligators.