{10}Thunder

Bella Jones

Walking into Landon's house again brought back memories I wanted to forget. I seriously was starting to regret coming here. His father wasn't even home and yet I was as scared as a rabbit. I really needed to work on my self confidence level.

Landon lightly grabbed my hand and I reluctantly allowed him to lead me to his familiar smelling room. I was desperately ignoring the random shock of electricity I felt when his warm hand brushed mine. It was like walking through Wal-Mart. I had been here once before- when I basically told him to scram.

"Uh, there's a chair to your left," Landon instructed me awkwardly, still not letting go of my hand. I forcefully removed it and felt around for the chair. When I sat down in it- I was pleasantly surprised by the support and cushion it provided.

"Oh, that's nice." I sighed, settling even further into the soft goodness. Landon only chuckled in response and plopped down into some seat across from me.

"So, what energy do you want to base the project on?" Landon started. And then we broke off into an argument over what kinds of energy we should base it on. I wanted Nuclear energy and he was thinking Hydro.

We finally agreed on a compromise- Hydro energy, but he had to talk during the presentation. We worked for hours- and I actually ended up enjoying myself. I found that I didn't want to go home, I didn't want to be faced with my parents. Ever since that idiot blurted he was my mate- they had started paying more attention to me. They even went as far as to include me in their morning conversations. I'd casually answer them until they would start bringing up Landon- then I would shut them down real fast.

"Hey, hello. Um, earth to Bella." Landon called out, shaking me from my thoughts. I snapped to attention and suddenly became aware of the rumbling noises coming from outside.

"Are you hungry or something?" He laughed, causing my cheeks to heat up in embarrassment. Oh.

"A bit." I mumbled lowly, hiding my head behind the throw blanket I had borrowed from Landon earlier that evening.

"Come on, I'll cook you something." Landon laughed, pulling me up and once again leading me by my hand throughout his house.

Soon the smell and scent of bacon hitting grease hit me hard, and I groaned aloud at the invigorating smell. My stomach began to sound like a whale and I felt my face heat up. Landon only laughed as I scowled in his direction.

A plate was plopped in front of me ten minutes later. I wrapped my hand around the sandwich and bit in to the BLT.

I never knew someone could be so skilled at making something like a sandwich. The bread was the right amount of buttery- yet not enough to be burnt. Cheesy goodness invaded my mouth as the bacon crunched under my teeth. The tomatoes were cut thin but not uneven. Over all it was just the perfect amount and quality to everything.

"Oh my gosh. This is amazing. Where did yo learn to cook like this?" I moaned through a mouth full of food.

"My grandma taught me before she died." Landon suddenly stopped laughing at me, and settled into a the bar stool besides me. I quieted down at that- and processed the news as I slowed my chewing down. This revelation had me spinning. It made me realize that under his typical player and jerk exterior- Landon Parker was just as real as the rest of us. He had problems and troubles and a past and was just a teenager.

I was brought out of my thoughts when a rumble echoed throughout the house- and this time it wasn't my stomach. I jumped out of my chair and whimpered a little bit. I have hated the sound of thunder ever since the incident. I could deal with winds, and rain, and freaking cyclones but do not put me in the middle of a thunderstorm. Thunder struck again and as I was not thinking clearly- I latched myself onto Landon's arm.