{7}Dinner Party

Bella Jones
Rain was pouring down on me, and somewhere in the woods I was in knee deep waters.

I was fairly certain two or three alligators were circling me and a fish was swimming through my soaking underwear. My mouth felt like a dessert from barfing so much and I could still taste the vileness.

I never should have gone to that stupid dinner party.

So here's how it went down.

12 hours earlier..

"Bella!"

The shout made me jump out of my chair. Did someone just call me?

As if reading my mind, a second more impatient voice called me from below. It was undoubtedly my mother, and my mind raced as to why she was even reaching out to me. Swiping my sweaty hands on my pants, I grabbed the rail and made my way downstairs to find the family waiting there. The scents of all three of them hits my nose, but I smell one more scent mixed in with it.

"Beta Winfrey?" I called out, secretly hoping it was him.

"The one and only."

I immediately made my way downstairs and threw myself into his direction- into his awaiting arms. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, smoothing my hair down.

"I missed you too, Bells."

Before Beta Hex became our packs beta, he was my mentor. Since I was blind I needed secret training and got stuck with that dork. At the beginning of my training, it was clear that no love was lost between the two of us. I called him old man, and he called me a Pack Nuisance. As the months past we grew closer and he began to warm up to me. I saw him as a father figure- because my own father sucked butt- and he began treating me like his daughter. His son wasn't exactly kind to me, but at least he didn't do me any wrongs. Gansey was quite the gentleman before I was blind. Unfortunately, after I was through with the year long training course we weren't aloud to see each other because it would reflect badly on Beta Hex's upcoming position.

"Ehem." My father's voice rang out, though he wasn't in any position to tell the beta what to do. We broke apart anyways and I smacked him upside the head.

"Ouch."

"You deserved it!' I snarled. I huffed and turned away from him, wondering why everyone called me down here in the first place.

"So? You ignore me the rest of the time so what do you want?" I spat, not caring if they were angry at me. A collective sigh filled the room, and I could feel my families judgmental gaze.

"Alpha Parker wants you to attend tonight's dinner party. Be ready at 6." My mom mumbled, and then they all left the room in a shuffle. I felt my mouth drop open and stood like that until a literal fly went down my throat.

I half-heartedly made my way upstairs, feeling extremely confused. The Alpha didn't even want me to tell anyone that I was the true Theta to the Shadow Pack. Why suddenly would he ask me to attend a dinner with them?

And then it hit me- Landon Parker. His obnoxious stalking was making me sick, and if he thinks I didn't notice it he was wrong. I could hear his fat lard wolf's paws hitting the ground from Europe. And his smell would hit my nose from over tow hundred miles it was so distinct. He would sleep outside my window nearly every night- I have no idea what his angle is.

I growled in annoyance and huffed my way up the remaining stairs, slamming my door shut. I spent the rest of the next 8 hours of daylight- it had been eight in the morning on a Sunday- lounging around a jamming to MCR and BMTH. I snacked on Salt and Vinegar pringles, Salted Nuts, and burger flavored cheese its.