{28} Christmas Tree Fiasco, Part Two

Comment if you can see this chapter!!
Lucy Hale as the amazing Lacey Peterson

Bella Jones

This was seriously the most awkward car ride I had ever been a part of. Most of the time Lacey was singing in the loudest and most obnoxious voice in the entire world. The rest was spent with Lacey snoring extremely loudly and Landon and I not knowing what to do with each other. I still didn't trust him, and I feel like he realized that too. There had been too much going on for me to spend actual time with him, but now that there was time I had absolutely nothing to say to him.

"So... How about this weather?" Landon finally broke the ice, although what he said made absolutely no sense. I turned in his direction and raised an eyebrow chuckling. Landon realized what he said and cursed under his breathe.

"How far off is the mall?" I questioned after a few moments of silence. He didn't answer for a moment so I assumed he was checking a GPS.

"15 minutes," was the only answer he gave to me. Him being cryptic was probably a sign he didn't know what to say anymore than I did. I pretended to once again be occupied with the radio. A small smile graced my lips as I thought about the song that had played early. Maybe it was a sign he was trying to be interested in what I was. As confused as I was about the whole double personality with Landon Parker- this shed some light on who he really was.

True to his word, I soon felt the car lurch to a stop and multiple human scents hit me nose at once. I frowned at the smells, teenage human boys smelled so gross packed together like this. Before killing the car, I heard the squeaking of his expensive seats as Landon turned towards me. I stilled and raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Bella, do me a favor please?" Landon suddenly broke out of his silent bubble, and I waited patiently for him to continue.

"Just uh, don't leave my side. That's all."

After that- and my jaw literally becoming unhinged- he climbed out of the car. In a daze I let him help me out of the car. I didn't snap out of it until I heard Trey start to snicker.

"Landon, what's with the blushing?" He teased, and I smiled inwardly. He was blushing? How cute.

"I'm not blushing, the windows were rolled down," Landon replied flatly, but it just made it more obvious he had been blushing because the window was absolutely not rolled down. The others laughs were cut off by Lacey snoring louder than an African elephant. It literally sounded like the world was about to end- that bad.

"Oh my gosh, is she hiding another person up her nose?" Ophelia giggled, and I snorted in agreement.

"I think so," Trey sighed, and I heard him waking Lacey up. She refused to though so it took awhile before we were actually able to enter the mall. Lacey was still cursing Trey to oblivion by the time we had reached the food court. Everyone was hungry after the long drive and Trey kept demanding we get food- so here we are. I overheard Lacey and Ophelia gushing about the Christmas decorations, and I was curious to know what it looked like.

"Landon, what do the decorations look like?" I turned to my right, where Landon's arm had been nonstop touching mine. It brought another small smile to my lips for them millionth time today.

"Well, for starters there's mistletoe- everywhere. Like, I'm not kidding. But I guess what they're gushing over is the 14 foot tall Christmas Tree in the middle of the food court," He chuckled, and for some reason him talking about the mistletoe made my cheeks heat up like fire. I cleared my throat and turned my attention to the happy mated couples.