{14}The Note

Landon Parker

I stare in the full body length mirror and scowl at myself. Due to my lack of sleep last night I had required the nearly dissipated bags under my eyes. The whites surrounding my irises were lined with red and my skin looked ghostly pale. Different strands of golden hair poked up everywhere.

Needless to say I looked homeless. Not the best look for me.

I grabbed my keys and limped out the front door, slipping on my tan chucks. Yawning once more I climb into one of my many cars. As I make the block towards school, something catches my attention. A sleek black car is trailing behind me. The darkly tinted windows make a frown crawl upon my face.

I was being tailed. Kicking my speed up I turn corner after corner. My suspicious were only proven true by its earnest pursuit. It took me five minutes to finally lose the car in the morning traffic rush. I'll need to look into that later.

I pull into my usual parking spot and all eyes were on me- as usual. But my eyes were on the petite curly haired- blue eyed girl conversing with a group of teenagers. The same ones she was with when she first came here. I had looked into them.

Ophelia and Trey Wolfe- fraternal twins and the children of Grace and Vince Wolfe. Luckily, Trey was mated.

Lacey Peterson had a mate, and she was an omega wolf. However- her fighting skills may be pointing to a promotion soon.

The only one I worried about was Ethan Walker- he was unmated. I know, I have no say over who she dates because I was the one who rejected her. But it still bugs me. The only assurance I have is he seemed to be only interested in Yona- Bella's cousin.

Bella's dog was staring me down through the windshield and it was really starting to creep me out. I rolled my eyes and cut the engine- stepping out of the car. No sooner had my feet touched land had Selena Parker sidled up to my side. She snaked her arms around my neck and I resisted a grimace- instead covering it with a smile. Her nails raked through my hair and I involuntarily shuddered at the disgusting feeling. Dropping my smile, I pushed her away to arms length and walked past her swiftly. Her sly smile turned into a frown as she walked fast to get by my side.

I ignored her passes completely. Chills went down my spine as I stopped dead in my tracks. I spun on my heel to face the highway and my eyes trailed after the car as it drove slowly past the school.

Strange.

I continue my pursuit to her with my head hanging low. Selena eventually wandered off to a few of her preppy friends. I make it to Bella the same time Ben did. I wasn't aware of the fact he had been put in our school.

"Bella." Ben and I speak at the same time- making me growl in annoyance. She looks in both of our directions with a perplexed look on her face before brushing us both off. Ben was about to follow her, but stops when I send him a look. Speed walking towards her- I fight the urge to grab a hold of her hand.

"When should we work on out project together?" I question her with my voice chirpy. I poke her in the ribs and she jumps two foot in the air only to come back down whimpering because of her leg.

"Oh God, I forgot about that. Now I have to spend even more time with you." Bella sighs exasperated.

"Oh please, you enjoy my company." I scowl. To my surprise she smiles a little bit. She looked ten times more beautiful when she smiled.

"You should smile more often." I chuckle, throwing my arm around her shoulders careful not to hurt her.

"Yeah well, I don't often have a reason to." Bella frowns. She either didn't pay any attention to my arm or she didn't care- either way I was fine with it. Her words sadden me.