{26} The Human

Landon Parker

We had searched everywhere. Every corner, every nook and cranny. The whole nine yards, and yet we hadn't uncovered a single trace of the rogues. It became obvious after a while that the group was well hidden, probably in an underground bunker under a water source. Water makes it hard for werewolves to hear and smell. In general it just blocks all our senses. There's no telling where they could be if that were true. There's an abundant amount of water sources everywhere in the 200 mile radius around our small pack. 

"What about the southern lakes?" I sighed in pure frustration, running a hand through my unruly hair. The map laid before me displayed all the different parts of our pack and the pack patrols.

"We've checked them Landon. If you can think of it, we've nine times out of ten checked it," Winfrey sighed, picking up the red sharpie and marking on the 24 by 42 map. Growling in pure annoyance, my fist resounded with the wooden table. It splintered in the middle, and I withdrew my fist. Clenching my teeth, I turned my attention to him again.

"Well check them again! We haven't got all year to end this! They want Bella and my father has already said he won't hesitate to hand her over. He's the alpha, not me. You seem to forget it," I glared, and Winfrey's face remained emotionless. I didn't miss the small flicker of hurt in his eyes though.

"I'm trying my best, you know I wouldn't let that happen," He said, turning and studying the map again. Feeling bad for talking to him like that, I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. He didn't fight me on it. 

"Look, I know I'm being pig-headed. And I'm sorry, it's just the stress getting to me. My father hates my mate, my mate hates me, and it's all my fault," I vented, flopping onto the leather chair behind me, closing my eyes.

"I know. If anything, I think we should switch up the patrol routes. For some reason they've memorized them. I don't understand how considering I've personally made sure they weren't predictable. Landon, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Winfrey asked, turning to me with a steel look in his gaze. I apparently was thinking what he was thinking.

"We have a traitor," I nodded solemnly, shaking my head slowly with a frown on my face. The Equinox pack had a traitor, this was new. I wonder who it is, to be honest everyone seemed so trustworthy around here. Winfrey looked at me like a I crazy, then he started laughing.

"I was thinking we should go get some enchiladas, but that's true too!" He pointed out, and I rolled my eyes at his childish manners. Couldn't lie though, it was nice to have my best buddy back with his life intact. 

Suddenly a knock on the office door made me go serious again, and I pulled it open to reveal a panting wolf. I looked at him in surprise, it was Ben. I called for shorts and threw them to him, and he quickly shifted back. Throwing the basket ball shorts on, he turned to me with a crazed look in his eye.

"Land- I mean, Alpha, the human is going crazy in the cellar. She keeps threatening some.... vulgar things if we don't let her go right this instance. She even threw a bunch of food at us," He grumbled, motioning wildly with his hands. I forgot about her. When I was hit with the arrow in the school parking lot, she happened to be there. We've been treating her very nicely but ever so often we have to give her sedatives because she tends to talk a lot. Can you blame us though?

"Alright, alright. I'm coming. Winfrey, want to come with and see a bunch of grown men get beat up by a 5 foot tall human girl?" I smirked, grabbing my keys to lock up the door. Winfrey grinned ear to ear, grabbed his leather jacket and threw it over the white wife beater he had on.

"Would I!" He laughed, and I joined in. We jogged to the pack cells, Ben in tow. I had to admit, the smaller wolf could catch up with us pretty well. He'd make a great Theta to the pack, even if he wasn't first born. We arrived and I passed through the doors, before a hand grabbed my bicep. I turned and gave Winfrey a puzzled look. His nose was scrunched up as he sniffed the air, a smile on his face. He turned to me, his eyes alight with a fire I'd never seen in him before.

"She's here!" He cheered, and I looked at him like he grew seven heads.

"Um, who's here?" I question, but he only smiles wider. He pulled my forward and I rolled my eyes. We navigated the corridors, and finally ended up outside the humans cell. There were multiple screams from inside, and a bunch of scuffling. My best friend pushed past me, and threw the door open. Inside was chaos.

There was food everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Syrup coated the white walls adding a creamy color to them. One of the cell guards was in the corner with his hands behind his back, cowering as the little spitfire held a butter knife to his throat. His eyes were wide, and she smirked in victory. Her hands had the cell keys on a loop, and she twirled them like a trophy. I busted out laughing, and she turned to so fast she should have caught whiplash. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

"Mine," Winfrey stalked forwards, growling at the guard and wrapping his arms around the human. Sniffing her neck, I could practically hear the satisfaction in his wolfs purring. I looked up and she frowned, stiffening in his arms.

"Woah wolf boy, I have a boyfriend," She joked, but Winfrey didn't see it as funny. He backed away and his teeth elongated in a way that happened only when wolves were really ticked off. 

"No, mine!" He shouted, turning her around in his arms. Her knee came up unexpectedly and he fell to the ground, a groaning mess. 

"You should be ashamed of yourself. It's not even the first date yet!" She scoffed, looking over her nails and pretending to clean them. I laughed at the two of them, which caught her attention. Her long red hair flew around her as she glared at me.

"Take me to your leader! I've only been in this town for a week and my first day I get abducted by wolves!"

I only smiled, turning to Winfrey with a twinkle in my eye. He looked up from his spot on the floor.

"She's all yours buddy," I left the room after that.

A/N

I know two chapters in one day, wowza. So we're definitely going to see more of the mysterious human girl in the following chapters. I'm sure you'll all love the spunky character I imagined her as. So yes, I'm rushing to finish the story. I admit. In my own defense, I just want to finish my first book on wattpad already lol. It's taken me forever to get around to this, but I'm almost there. In the next few chapters we'll see some more Landon and Bella moments before stuff hits the fan after she finds out about... you know. So yes, she will find out!  

Q: Should I update slower? How's the plot shaping up? Do you like the story so far?

VOTE PLEASE

Tell your friennds!!

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FAN