{11}Accident

Bella Jones

I flopped onto my mattress with an exaggerated sigh. It was lumpy and nowhere near as comfortable as the guest room's mattress, but it was home. I swear I spent half my time just laying around on this bed. The events of last night flickered behind my closed eyelids, so I forced them open.

I felt so pathetic and disgusted with myself. Asking him to stay in the room with me was completely inappropriate, and of course I regretted it. Thinking of this made me growl in frustrated annoyance. I tossed and turned for a good five minutes before I finally got sick of it. Getting up I followed my string to the door and exited my room.

Unfortunately upon doing so- I bumped into Dahlia. Almost forgetting my dear cousins were visiting today turned out to be a grave mistake.

"Watch where you're going mutt. Or actually, maybe I should just call you human. Because you can't shift!" Dahlia cackled, slamming her broader shoulder into mine. I sensed someone else other than her in the hallway and sneered at both her and my brother.

"Maybe you should watch where you're going. But I guess you can't see anything past that giant ego." I smirked back in victory, quite happy with my witty response.

Dahlia only huffed and I swear I heard a muffled chuckle from Ben. Ignoring both of them, I slid towards the stairwell and carefully made my way to the first floor. I was starting to regret skipping school today- because now I was completely bored. I mean, what else was there to do in such a small town other than school on a Tuesday morning? So I did what I usually do when I get bored- I eat.

I found myself seated on a bar stool and eating candy, aka gummy crabby patty's. Thinking back to what happened a few moments ago- I tried to remember a time where Dahlia wasn't such a jerk to me. But there was only a small margin. When we were little- very little, she used to worship the ground I walked on. That was until second grade when Bobby Brock, - stupid name, I know- started to like me. Back then Dahlia had a major crush on the youthful Bobby, and was exremely jealous of me.

And that my friends is how the entire feud between us started. Stupid, I know.

Finishing off the entire bag of candy, I decided to visit Beta Hex's burial site. I had been neglecting this ever since I learned the heartbreaking news. We were as thick as thieves back in the day, and now he's just... gone. Just like that. No warning, nothing. I found myself wondering about his mate. He never really spoke of her much. I always assumed she was just a stay at home mom.

With a resigned sigh, I sat up and crumbled the trash up. I found what I assumed was the trash can and dumped it inside. I found one of my parents staff members, Eddy, and asked him to please drive me to his grave. Twenty minutes later, my back was pressed against the cold concrete of a tombstone. Tears streamed down my face as I clutched the bag of skittles tightly in my hand. He loved skittles, they were Hex's favorite candy.

"Well, are you happy? You left me all alone you jerk." My voice sounded like a strangled cat as I sobbed into the plastic baggy.

"You suck. Did you know that? YOU SUCK!" I screamed, pouring the skittles all around me on the ground.

"Wow. Thanks friend."

I immediately recognized Landon's voice and wiped angrily at my tears. I really just wanted to be left alone for one day, was that to much to ask of him?

"What are you doing here, Parker?" I grumbled, not in the mood for any shenanigans.

"Well, I came to visit my uncle's grave. And instead I find a very emotional Bella Jones, sitting on top of him." Landon rambled as I feel him settle down next to me. I could feel his warmth hitting me, and as much as I would like to deny it, the feeling was quite nice.