{33} Disappearance

Bella Jones

Landon's soft snores filled the silence of the hospital room, and I was giddy at the sound of his breathing. The events of yesterday still plagued my mind, and there wasn't much room in my brain for anything else.

How did I go from hating Landon Parker to constantly worrying about him and wanting to be near him? It's surreal really. I'm still pissed at him for lying to me, but I'm even more pissed he got himself hurt. Just the thought of his pain gave me a twinge in my heart, and I nervously ran a hand through my hair.

I guess I was in it for the long run with him, there really wasn't anything he could do to shake me. Remembering his words from earlier, a small smile graced my lips.

'Sweetheart, I'm not going anywhere.'

I chuckled lowly and pulled his sleeping head into my lap, smiling down at his general direction as I played with his soft hair. Wiping at his lips I felt a tiny string of saliva, and I leaned down closer to where I assumed his face would be and blew. He stirred in his sleep and the snoring momentarily stopped.

Before I knew what was happening, a hand laced its way into my hair and Landon pulled his lips up to my ear.

"Creepy much?" He whispered, and my face went bright red. He had been awake. Un-freaking-believable.

"I have no clue what you're talking about sir," I laughed nervously, pulling away from him. I attempted to roll away from him, but by the time I realized which side of the bed I was on it was to late.

My bum met with the cold exterior of the hospital flooring after a moment of mid air suspension. Groaning in annoyance, I rubbed my now aching rear.

"Are you all right down there?" Landon chuckled, and I cringed.

"Are you all right down there?" I mimicked his voice, huffing.

"Are you though?"

"Yes Landon, just peachy. My butt bone may be beyond repair, which is your fault by the way, but I'm alright," I responded sarcastically, attempting to stand up.

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated."

"Neither is the pain in my butt," I retorted.

"I think you're being a tad dramatic Bella. You're the one who randomly flopped off our bed," Landon chortled, and my blushing was back in full force.

Our bed.

Shaking my head to alleviate the joy I felt when he said the word our, I dusted off my rear end and felt around for the nightstand.
Grabbing some clothes that were prepared over night for me, I slowly made my way to the bathroom.

Landon Parker

Bella fumbled her way to the bathroom as I attempted to keep my cheery facade. In all honesty, my chest was killing me and it wasn't just because I'd been shot. I was scared to death Bella would leave me after the news she'd heard. She said that it was in the past, but was it really?

Sighing, I rolled off the hospital bed and attempted to stand. The pain was bad, but bearable. Ripping the IV from my arm I marched to the window in my hospital room, pulling back the curtain to reveal the sunlight. I smiled down at the sight of the wolf pups sprinting back and forth in the pack village.

Longing to be in my wolf form, I waited patiently for Bella to return from the bathroom. When I heard the showering running I groaned in annoyance and decided to hop outside for a run. It would help my wolf anyhow.

After slipping on some joggers and removing the hospital gown I slowly made my way out of the hospital room. None of the hospital staff made a move to stop me. I limped my way all the way down the stairs, werewolves do not like elevators. Confined spaces and animals don't fit well with each other.

I was breathing heavy by the time I made my way to the exit door, and the wound had opened up again. Wincing, I threw my weight against the door and was shifting before my foot had touched the grass. Shifting was even more painful than usual with the bullet wound and the groan leaving my lips gradually turned into a painful howl.

My jaw rearranged itself and stretched a couple inches, and my canines elongated from my mouth. The fur sprouting from my skin felt like pricks of a needle. My palm stretched and bent at awkward angles for a few moments while I waited for the shift to finish. After I was fully done, I trotted off and searched for food in the woods. Bounding from bush to bush I tracked down a family of deer. An elder and gangly looking stag near the end of it's life stood in the back, and I waited until the opportunity presented itself. I was just about to pounce when a smaller, dark wolf jumped over my head. It viciously attacked and pawed the deers backside, breaking skin with their teeth.

When Bella was done with the kill, she nudged it towards me and licked her paws clean. Rolling my eyes, I stepped forward.

'Cute.' I communicated through snarls, picking a fatty spot on his stomach before eating.
Bella snorted, stepping forward and sitting beside me while I finished my meal.

'You're supposed to be resting, clearly you didn't get the memo," Bella responded. We were talking in our natural language, wolf.
I didn't respond, instead perking my ears up and standing to my paws. The sound of gunshots rang clear in my ears, and I snarled loudly. I made sure Bella stayed put before going to investigate.
I cautiously approached the area
I'd first heard the shots, sniffing ever so often. Upon arriving I was surprised to find no-one around, though the perfume of a rogue lingered heavily in the air. Shifting back to my human form was only slightly easier, and I pulled on some shorts that were tied around my ankle. I spun in a circle before my eyes landed on a paper taped to a tree.

Frowning, I cautiously approached the parchment, eyeing it with curiosity. My name was sprawled largely in cursive on the front half that looked dauntingly familiar. Trembling fingers took the paper into my hands, and I unfolded it.

I warned you.
-T

A growl resonated through my parted lips, and I crumbled the paper in one hand, punching the tree with my other.
Turning on my heel, I sprinted towards the clearing in which I had left Bella at. The trip felt half as long, I had never run so fast in my entire life. I didn't
feel my wounds bleeding in protest, or my lungs screaming for air.
I felt worried sick.

I wasn't surprised too see Bella nowhere to be found upon arriving.

---

Yeah, it's been a while. I know the last chapter I said I'd be posting fairly quickly, but I took a vacation to the writers block. Luckily that gave me time the figure out the rest of the plot, so rest assured, more chapters to come.

-Allie.